5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Listeners are most likely to remember and act on a speech that...
A. uses many statistics
B. ends with a strong conclusion
C. begins with a quotation
D. does all of the above
- To demonstrate the nature and significance of a problem and provide justification for a proposed solution, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
- When the speaker reiterates each main point in the conclusion, the audience...
A. mentally checks off what they have heard during the speech
B. secretly hopes that the speech will hurry up and end
C. asks the speaker to review the supporting points
D. does all of the above
- The recipient of the source's messages is...
A. the encoder
B. the channel
C. the receiver
D. the encoder, the channel, and the receiver
- The speaking outline should...
A. be written on small notecards
B. be written in large print
C include transitions
D. be written on small notecards, be written in large print, and include transitions
- a D. problem-solution
- b D. be written on small notecards, be written in large print, and include transitions
- c A. mentally checks off what they have heard during the speech
- d B. ends with a strong conclusion
- e C. the receiver
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures
- D. Phrase
- B. call to action
- connotative meaning
- D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech
5 True/False Questions
During the speech introduction, the audience decides whether or not they are interested in the topic and the speaker. To build credibility, a speaker should establish his or her...
A. family background
B. supporting material
D. logos → C. qualifications
The audience's response to a message is referred to as...
A. shared meaning
C. the medium
D. decoding → B. deliberative oratory
To explain the physical arrangement of a place, a scene, or an object, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
D. topical → C. causal
Speech conclusions fulfill which of the following functions?
A. alerting the audience that the speech is coming to an end
B. summarizing the key points of the speech
C. challenging the audience to respond
D. all the above → D. all the above
Which of the following represents a difference between spoken and written language? → Spoken language is more interact with the audience