5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Firsthand oral or written histories, diaries, and recordings of meeting and other events are examples of _____ sources.
- Which type of reference work summarizes knowledge that is found in original form elsewhere?
- A form of communication between two people is called...
A. mass communication
B. small group communication
C. dyadic communication
D. public speaking
- Facts, statistics, testimonies, and narratives are all examples of....
A. main points
C. supporting material
- Interview questions that invite elaborations are _____ questions?
- a primary
- b encyclopedias
- c C. dyadic communication
- d C. supporting material
- e A. Open-ended
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- supply the name and qualification of the source
- C. ethnocentrism
- A. context
- D. Agora
- A. topical
5 True/False Questions
According to Richard Lewis, which cultures are people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once?
A. Reactive cultures
B. Multi-active cultures
C. Linear-active cultures
D. Reactive cultures, Multi-actve cultures, and linear-active cultures are not people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once. → Denotative meaning
The first step in the speech process is...
A. conducting research
B. stating the purpose
C. developing main points
D. selecting a topic → C. the receiver
If a medical doctor gives cutting-edge information on the threat of high cholesterol, she is providing which type of supporting material? → C. qualifications
Listeners are likely to accept your claims if they believe the are derived from... → supply the name and qualification of the source
Which cultures structure life more rigidly and formally for their members?
A. Low-uncertainty avoidance cultures
B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures
C. Low power distance cultures
D. High masculine cultures → B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures