5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An effective speech should be organized around __________ main points.
A. one or two
B. two or three
C. four or five
D. seven or eight
- The summary portion of the speech conclusion should not...
A. "tell the audience what you've already told them."
B. summarize each main point of the speech
C. mention each supporting point of the speech
D. comment one the significance of each main point
- Which of the following outlines uses a few words associated with each specific point?
- Which type of reference work summarizes knowledge that is found in original form elsewhere?
- Speech conclusions fulfill which of the following functions?
A. alerting the audience that the speech is coming to an end
B. summarizing the key points of the speech
C. challenging the audience to respond
D. all the above
- a encyclopedias
- b D. all the above
- c B. two or three
- d C. Key-word
- e C. mention each support point of the speech
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. source ' encoding ' receiver ' decoding
- C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill
- D. problem-solution
- D. shows an audience how to perform illegal action, provides audience members with information that may physically or psychologically harm them, or is humiliating or degrading to the audience.
- D. opportunities for feedback, level of preparation, and degree of formality
5 True/False questions
Using a story as a speech introduction...
A. personalizes issues
B. makes ideas irrelevant
C. discourages identification
D. makes the speech longer → A. personalizes issues
The recipient of the source's messages is...
A. the encoder
B. the channel
C. the receiver
D. the encoder, the channel, and the receiver → C. the receiver
A speech introduction is designed to...
A. arouse the audience's attention and motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals
B. provide an in-depth discussion of the topic.
C. review and discuss all the main points of a speech.
D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech → D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech
Wen citing source material in References and orally, the speaker should include... → the title and year of publication
Which of the following countries does not rank high on individualism?
C. Great Britain
D. Canada → A. Venezuela