5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following outlines uses a partial construction of the sentence form of each point?
- A speakers selectively presenting only those statistics that buttress his or her point of view while ignoring competing data is said to be...
- The summary portion of the speech conclusion should not...
A. "tell the audience what you've already told them."
B. summarize each main point of the speech
C. mention each supporting point of the speech
D. comment one the significance of each main point
- The first step in the speech process is...
A. conducting research
B. stating the purpose
C. developing main points
D. selecting a topic
- Research indicates that audiences prefer speeches that contain _______ main points.
A. one to two
B. two to five
C. five to ten
D. at least six
- a C. mention each support point of the speech
- b cherry-picking
- c D. Phrase
- d D. selecting a topic
- e B. two to five
5 Multiple choice questions
- D. all the above
- B. his or her interests
- A. Venezuela
- A. topical
- B. feedback
5 True/False questions
To demonstrate the nature and significance of a problem and provide justification for a proposed solution, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
D. problem-solution → D. problem-solution
Firsthand oral or written histories, diaries, and recordings of meeting and other events are examples of _____ sources. → Denotative meaning
If a source used in a speech requires credit in written for, it also...
A. Requires consent from the author
B. Should be mentioned before the speaker's findings
C. Needs to be quoted directly
D. Should be acknowledged orally as another person's work → A. personalizes issues
According to Richard Lewis, which cultures are people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once?
A. Reactive cultures
B. Multi-active cultures
C. Linear-active cultures
D. Reactive cultures, Multi-actve cultures, and linear-active cultures are not people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once. → B. Multi-active cultures
Which of the following outlines uses a few words associated with each specific point?
D. phrase → C. Key-word