5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The First Line of Defense
- Anton von Leeuwenhoek
- Louis Pasteur
- a steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
- b the skin
- c invented the microscope and discovered bacteria, 1600s.
- d the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- e developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
- made the first vaccine to prevent smallpox, 1790s.
- created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
- a situation in which a particular disease is affecting large numbers of people and is spreading rapidly from person to person.
5 True/False Questions
antitoxin → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
toxin → a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
Alfred Nobel → helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
Three Disease Fighting Habits → Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
homeostasis → the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.