5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alexander Fleming
- Walter Reed
- Three Disease Fighting Habits
- a something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
- b helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
- c a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
- d Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
- e created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
- created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
- a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
5 True/False questions
Anton von Leeuwenhoek → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
antitoxin → a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
Louis Pasteur → developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
homeostasis → the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
antibiotic → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.