5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Edward Jenner
- Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin
- Walter Reed
- a steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
- b made the first vaccine to prevent smallpox, 1790s.
- c created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- d the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
- e helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- the skin
- Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
- created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
- A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
5 True/False Questions
Five Ways You Can Be Infected With A Pathogen → invented the microscope and discovered bacteria, 1600s.
Alexander Fleming → helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
antitoxin → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
antibiotic → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
Anton von Leeuwenhoek → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.