5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alfred Nobel
- Alexander Fleming
- Three Disease Fighting Habits
- Joseph Lister
- a created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
- b created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.
- c Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
- d a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
- e Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
5 Multiple choice questions
- steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
- A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
- a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
- helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
- something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
5 True/False questions
Louis Pasteur → created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
The First Line of Defense → Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
epidemic → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin → created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
Edward Jenner → a situation in which a particular disease is affecting large numbers of people and is spreading rapidly from person to person.