5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin
- The First Line of Defense
- a the skin
- b steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
- c created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- d A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
- e a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
- a chemical substance that can stop or destroy bacteria and other micro-organisms.
- Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
- created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.
- created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
5 True/False questions
Louis Pasteur → created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
Anton von Leeuwenhoek → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
Alfred Nobel → helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
immunity → something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
Edward Jenner → created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.