← Disease Vocabulary Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Three Disease Fighting Habits
- Edward Jenner
- Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin
- a a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
- b a chemical substance that can stop or destroy bacteria and other micro-organisms.
- c made the first vaccine to prevent smallpox, 1790s.
- d Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
- e created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- invented the microscope and discovered bacteria, 1600s.
- helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
- developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
- the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
- a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
5 True/False Questions
cure → something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
The First Line of Defense → Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
treatment → steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
immunity → something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
vaccine → a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.