← Chapter 21 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Removal of the ______ will be the most harmful of all for a one-year old child.
- This is the first of a series of neutrophil behaviors in inflammation
- The serum used for emergeny treatment of snakebites stimulates
- Immune surveillance is a process in which______ nonspecifically detect and destroy foreign cells and diseased hos cells.
- _____ are secreted by cells infected with viruses, alerting neighboring cells and protecting them from becoming infected.
- a Interferons
- b thymus
- c margination
- d artifical passive immunity
- e natural killer (NK) cells
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- plasma cells
- 200 cells/ml
5 True/False Questions
A ____ is the region of the molecule that is recognized by antibodies → the gastric juices
Special lymphatic vessels called lacteals absorb dietary _____ that are not absorbed by the blood capillaries. → 15%
Cellular (cell-mediated) immunity is effective against → cancer cells
Cytotoxic T (Tc) cells are like natural killer (NK) cells because they both → secrete granzymes and perforin
Most common allergies are the result of → type I (acute) hypersensitivty