6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- A person who measured and marked off boundary lines to establish land ownership.
- the governing body of Louisiana while it was a Spanish colony.
- a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
- young women who came to Louisiana in 1728 to become wives of the settlers.
- a system that gave an individual a charter to operate the colony as a business.
- a group that existed during the French Colonial Period, in charge of judicial matters and was presided over by commissary commissioner.
5 True/False Questions
land grant → land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.
neutral → not taking sides in a disagreement
French Revolution → an uprising that took place in France in 1789
treason → the crime of trying to overthrow the government of one's own state or country.
plantations → land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.