6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a group that existed during the French Colonial Period, in charge of judicial matters and was presided over by commissary commissioner.
- a situation that occurs when armed forces try to capture a fortified fort or town by surrounding it and preventing any supplies from reaching it.
- a set of laws governing the conduct and treatment of slaves.
- the crime of trying to overthrow the government of one's own state or country.
- land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.
- during the Spanish colonial period, the ability to store goods in warehouses in New Orleans before loading them onto ocean-going ships.
5 True/False Questions
proprietorship → a system that gave an individual a charter to operate the colony as a business.
casket girls → young women who came to Louisiana in 1728 to become wives of the settlers.
militia → a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
Cabildo → the governing body of Louisiana while it was a Spanish colony.
surveyor → A person who measured and marked off boundary lines to establish land ownership.