6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a military force composed mainly of citizen-soldiers
- a set of laws governing the conduct and treatment of slaves.
- young women who came to Louisiana in 1728 to become wives of the settlers.
- during the Spanish colonial period, the ability to store goods in warehouses in New Orleans before loading them onto ocean-going ships.
- a system that gave an individual a charter to operate the colony as a business.
- a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
5 True/False questions
surveyor → a person who is bound to a life of service to others and who is considered property.
neutral → a military force composed mainly of citizen-soldiers
Cabildo → a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
land grant → large estates or farms.
treason → a situation that occurs when armed forces try to capture a fortified fort or town by surrounding it and preventing any supplies from reaching it.