← Chapter 21 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- An electrochemical cell in which electrolysis occurs.
- In an electrochemical cell, the electrode where oxidation takes place.
- The tendency of an ion to gain electrons.
- The process that uses electrical energy to bring about a chemical reaction.
- The loss of metal that results from an oxidtion-reduction reaction of the metal with substances in the environment.
- An electrochemical cell that contains a moist electrolytic paste inside a zinc shell.
5 True/False Questions
galvanizing → A pathway constructed to allow positive and negative ions to move from one solution to another.
primary battery → A type of battery that produces electric energy by redox reactions that are not easily reversed, delivers current until the reactants are gone, and then is discarded.
salt bridge → A pathway constructed to allow positive and negative ions to move from one solution to another.
fuel cell → A voltaic cell in which the oxidation of a fuel, such as hydrogen gas, is used to produce electric energy.
voltaic cell → A type of electrochemical cell that converts chemical energy into electrical energy.