5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sea level
- a The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
- b the level of the sea
- c the place where a river flows into a larger body of water such as the ocean
- d the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
- e The shape of a river Valley
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
- The river feature that results from water travelling from hard rock through to soft rock. The soft rock collapses causing this feature to form.
- Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
- where a river starts
- a river or creek which flows into a larger river
5 True/False questions
Freeze-thaw weathering → Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
water → an inland body of water
Lake → an inland body of water
Flood Plain → the flat land either side of a river that is covered with water when the river floods.
Delta → the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.