← features of rivers Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Freeze-thaw weathering
- a the place where two rivers meet
- b the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
- c the place where a river flows into a larger body of water such as the ocean
- d Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
- e a river or creek which flows into a larger river
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
- The river feature that results from water travelling from hard rock through to soft rock. The soft rock collapses causing this feature to form.
- a curved lake beside a river that once was joined to the river as a meander
- a large stream of water which flows across the land
- the flat land either side of a river that is covered with water when the river floods.
5 True/False Questions
Waterfall → Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
Scree → Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
Sea level → the level of the sea
watershed → What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
V → The shape of a river Valley