← features of rivers Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Freeze-thaw weathering
- Flood Plain
- a the flat land either side of a river that is covered with water when the river floods.
- b the place where two rivers meet
- c a river or creek which flows into a larger river
- d Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
- e The river feature that results from water travelling from hard rock through to soft rock. The soft rock collapses causing this feature to form.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
- The shape of a glacier
- a hill slope reaching down to a river
- a bend in a river
- Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
5 True/False Questions
Erosion → The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
Billabong → a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
V → The shape of a glacier
River → a large stream of water which flows across the land
Source → where a river starts