← features of rivers Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Freeze-thaw weathering
- a the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.
- b the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
- c Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
- d The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
- e a river or creek which flows into a larger river
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
- an inland body of water
- a curved lake beside a river that once was joined to the river as a meander
- This is a river of ice and rock
- What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
5 True/False Questions
Scree → Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
Waterfall → What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
River → a large stream of water which flows across the land
Source → Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
U → The shape of a river Valley