← Chapters 19 & 20 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what does nervous system perform?
- Steroid hormones
- The Cardiovascular system
- Where do oocytes develop in the female ovary?
- a short-term "crisis management"
- b provides a mechanism for the rapid transport of nutrients, waste products, and cells within the body.
- c derived from cholesterol, released by reproductive organs and suprarenal glands.
- d lowers blood glucose levels by increasing the rate of glucose uptake and utilization by most body cells
- e follicle
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Diabetes insipidus
- enter peripheral tissues and attack foreign cells directly.
- release chemicals called hormones that alter the metabolic activities of tissues and organs simultaneously; secrete into interstitial fluids
- red bone marrow in adults
- plasma and formed elements
5 True/False Questions
glucocorticoids → small molecules with a five-carbon ring at one end and are mostly body cells.
how do hormones exert their effects? → humoral stimuli, hormonal stimuli, neural stimuli
testosterone → produced by the thymus promote the development and maturation of lymphocytes.
types of cells in islets of Langerhans → alpha cells, beta cells, delta cells, F cells
inhibin → control cellular activities and metabolic reactions