5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The working surface from which a print is made is called a ____.
- The ancient Greeks developed the concept of the ____ because they believed that it created ideal proportions in architecture.
- Site-specific works are distinguished from other artworks in that they are produced ____.
- True fresco, or ____, is executed on damp ____.
- Context has a profound influence on style. Artworks are very much a product of ____.
- a their culture at a moment in time
- b Golden Mean
- c matrix
- d buon fresco; lime plaster
- e in or for one location
5 Multiple choice questions
- It can only span very short distances.
- to write with light
- soft chalk on coarse paper
5 True/False questions
Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of __________. → Bilateral Symmetry
Zhao Xiaomo's Family by the Lotus Pond is a ____. The areas that were not meant to be printed were carved out ____ the surface of the wood. → woodcut; below
The effects of ____ when each is drawn against a paper surface are very similar. → charcoal, chalk, and pastel
In Family of Saltimbanques, Picasso places visual emphasis on the seated woman in the painting through ________. → tree branches capped by salt shakers
In Nighthawks, Edward Hopper's desolate scene of late night diners in a city cafe, the scene seems to be set in the period of the _____. → 1940's