5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The classical Greek sculptor Polykleitos was the first known artist to apply the principle of ___________ in order to achieve overall naturalistic balance in the human body's stance.
- In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____.
- From the Latin for "blood," ____ is the name associated with an earthy red chalk color.
- Referring to sculptures such as ____, art critic Robert Hughes said such works were "everything that statues had not been: not monolithic, but open, not cast or carved, but assembled from flat planes."
- Robert Lazzarini's computer altered study for Payphone is intended to ____.
- a investiture
- b sanguine
- c Picasso's Mandolin and Clarinet
- d compel the viewer to take a new look at the familiar
- e Weight shift
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pod House
- dry masonry
- rapid sketches and preparatory studies
5 True/False questions
Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of __________. → pompous, superficial lawyers
In Four Marilyns, Pop artist Andy Warhol participated in the cultural _____ of the film star and icon Marilyn Monroe. → immortalization
Which of the following statements about the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is not correct?
1. It has 200 foot long black granite walls.
2. The designer was a 22 year old Chinese American woman.
3. There is a large label that states who is being memorialized.
4. The work is antiheroic and antitriumphal.
5. One must descend into the ground to read the list of names. → wood
In silverpoint drawings, the drawing surface must be coated with a ground of ____. → bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment
When artists focus on the unity of ideas and meaning in their work rather than the visual and compositional elements, they are pursuing ____. → conceptual unity