5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- William Henry Fox Talbot's first "photogenic drawings" were eerie, delicate photographs of ____, produced from a ____.
- William Wegman's Blue Period is a canine spoof on ____.
- Due to its ____, clay is frequently used to make three-dimensional preparatory sketches for other sculptures.
- African-American artist Faith Ringgold records the story of her life and dreams on a Harlem rooftop. Her painted memories are depicted withing the framework of a(n) _____.
- Impressionist painter Claude Monet was trying to capture the effect of ____ in his Haystack at Sunset Near Giverny.
- a plants; negative
- b parchwork quilt
- c weakness
- d Picasso's Old Guitarist
- e optical color
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the diverse disciplines that will be housed in the structure
- dips into a pond
- hard, non-directional
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following statements about the patriarchal figure in Viola Frey's Family Portrait does not indicate his influential status within the family? → National World War II Memorial
According to Marcel Duchamp, the function of a readymade was to ____. → prompt the viewer to think and think again
In Robert Smithson's Yucatan Mirror Displacements, the mirrors transform the environment by interrupting the ____. → natural setting
When a painter's oil paint becomes too thick, he has to thin it with a ____. → compel the viewer to take a new look at the familiar
In Giotto's 14th-century painting Lamentation, joints can clearly be seen that break the blue sky into numerous sections. This occurred because of the ____. → fantasy