5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Judy Chicago's triangular installation called The Dinner Party was constructed to honor and immortalize _____.
- The "active layer" of film contains a(n) ____ of small particles of ____.
- Peter Eisenman placed 2711 gray, concrete ____ side by side to create a sense of claustrophobia at the Berlin Holocaust Memorial.
- Ralph Going's Rock Ola is a contradiction of what we normally consider when we think of a watercolor on paper because the work is considered to be ____.
- In both the camera and the ____, light enters a narrow opening and is projected onto a photosensitive surface.
- a emulsion; silver halide
- b Photorealism
- c stelae
- d history's notable women
- e human eye
5 Multiple choice questions
- Weight shift
- woven carbon fiber
- National World War II Memorial
5 True/False questions
For her "Volcano" Series, Ana Mendieta marked the presence of ____ in the landscape using various methods and materials. → monuments
In the 17th century, a Dutchman developed a technique for mezzotint, from the Italian for ____, in which the metal plate is worked over with a multi-toothed tool called a ____. → half-tint; hatcher
Marcel Duchamp's Fountain is a readymade, produced from an upside-down _____. → urinal
Broadly defined, ____ is the art of running an implement that leaves a mark over a surface. → drawing
Honoré Daumier's pen and ink drawing, The Three Lawyers, is a caricatured illustration of ____. → pompous, superficial lawyers