5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- While painting the Egypto-Roman Mummy Portrait of a Man, the artist found it necessary to keep the _____ at a constant temperature.
- Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of __________.
- The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink, made from a solution of ____.
- The _________ shape of an artistic composition is considered the background.
- Until modern times, art works have been primarily devoted to _____ themes.
- a religious
- b carbon black and water
- c plaster
- d Bilateral Symmetry
- e Negative
5 Multiple choice questions
- a sense of loss and absence
- appropriation art
- Cloud Gate; the bean
5 True/False questions
The main narrative or subject matter of Barbara Kruger's Untitled: We Don't Need Another Hero is _________. → realistic
The ancient Greeks developed the concept of the ____ because they believed that it created ideal proportions in architecture. → clerestory
The Gothic, pointed arch church of Notre-Dame of Paris is bathed in light due to its ample ____. → fenestration
____ was the exclusive painting medium of artists during the Middle Ages. → fluorescent tubes
In his Apollo and Daphne, the Italian Baroque sculptor Bernini captured the softness of flesh and the textures of hair, leaves, and bark, thereby showing us the potential of ____ as a sculptural material. → marble