5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The popularity of relief printing declined with the introduction of the ____ process, which did not appear until the 15th century.
- The 16th century artist Leonardo da Vinci produced what is perhaps the most famous painting in the history of Western art. This painting is known as _____.
- Serigraphy, or silkscreen, was first developed for use as a(n) ____ medium, a fitting medium because Pop artist ____ used it to create Four Multi-colored Marilyns.
- In the ____ process, the artist creates clean-cut lines on a plate of copper, zinc, or steel by forcing a sharp burin across the surface with the heel of the hand.
- In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____.
- a investiture
- b commercial; Andy Warhol
- c Mona Lisa
- d intaglio
- e engraving
5 Multiple choice questions
- all of these choices
- need for mass suburban housing for growing metropolitan areas
- United States Civil War; Whatsit
- a growing middle class
- metal plates
5 True/False questions
Dara Birnbaum's multimedia installation PM Magazine appropriated images from the network show of the same title in an effort to focus on ____. → the exploitation of women
Michelangelo's Studies for the Libyan Sybil is a good example of a drawing that was meant to be used ____. → precise lines and tonal gradations
Images painted directly on a wall or intended to cover a wall completely, such as Jose Clemente Orozco's Epic of American Civilization: Hispano-American, are known as _____. → wood
The Church of St. Michael at Hildesheim, Germany, built in the Ottonian period (1001-1031), has square bays and its walls are blank and massive. This is due to its ____. → barrel vaulting
Henri Matisse and Romare Bearden both utilize ______ to create order and harmony in their versions of the Piano Lesson. → color and shape repetition