5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- According to Polykleitos, the head of an ideal human body should be ____ of the total height of the body.
- One of the best ways to create the illusion of motion on a two-dimensional surface is by ____.
- Etching is an intaglio process in which the matrix is covered with a waxy substance and the design is drawn into this substance. The completed matrix drawing is then put into a(n) ____.
- Michelangelo's The Cross-Legged Captive is an example of ____ sculpture.
- Contemporary watercolor is referred to as ____, made up of pigments and a vehicle of ____.
- a aquarelle; gum arabic
- b acid bath that etches the exposed areas of the matrix
- c one eighth
- d subtractive
- e blurring outlines
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- southern shack dwellers
- Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper
- tonal emphasis
5 True/False Questions
The original idea for reinforced concrete began in the 1860s with Jacques Monier, who proposed strengthening concrete ____ with wire mesh. → supermodel icon
Probably the most ubiquitous type of monument depicts a man on horseback, known as a(n) ____ statue. → to write with light
Sherry Levine's Fountains after Duchamp pays homage to Marcel Duchamp's original Dada "readymade" and is a classic example of ____. → appropriation art
The fluidity and portability of watercolor has often lent itself to____. → rapid sketches and preparatory studies
Whether conscious of the mathematical basis of ancient Greek architectural designs or not, Michelangelo utilized their components when he painted the ____. → wood