5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a linked list?
- What is an abstract data type?
- What will a filter function do?
- What is the Big O of quicksort?
- When the ratio of times as the size of input is doubled is about 8, what is the Big O?
- a A data structure where each element has two fields: a link and contents
- b O(n³)
- c a description of operations on a data type that could have multiple possible implementations.
- d O(n*log(N)), but could be O(n²) in the worst case.
- e Filter removes items from a Collection if they meet a certain condition
5 Multiple choice questions
- The memory address of the beginning of a record, or block of storage
- Slowly. log(1000) = 10, log(1,000,000) = 20, log(1,000,000,000) = 30.
- The uppermost tree node that has no incoming links
- It makes a new linked list whose elements are in reverse order of the original list
- The item being sought in a search
5 True/False questions
10 bits is equal to about how many decimal digits? → 9
O(log(n)) is better than which function? → O(N). Much, much better.
An int is how many bits? → The function that constructs a pair containing two pointers
What is a binary tree? → A tree in which each node has at most two children
32-bits can represent about how many decimal digits? → 9