5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is random access?
- When there is a straight line on a log-log graph, what does the slope represent?
- What is a reference?
- What is the goal?
- What are the advantages to ArrayList?
- a The item being sought in a search
- b A pointer to data
- c describes a data structure in which all accesses have the same costs, O(1). e.g. an array.
- d get and set are O(1), and add and remove at the end are O(1) so it makes a good stack
- e The exponent of the polynomial, e.g. slope of 2 is O(n²).
5 Multiple choice questions
- a way of processing a tree where the parent node is processed before the children
- a pattern that describes a set of similar programs
5 True/False questions
What are contents of a linked list? → It has pointers that point both forward and backward
What is XML? → A directed pointer from one node to another
What is an object? → In a tree, it is a node that points to a given node
What is a tree? → A directed pointer from one node to another
What is sometimes called a boxed integer? → Integer in Java, a record that has a class, has methods, can be pointed to and used in other structures.