5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Photosystem 1
- Chlorophyll a
- a The most common and predominant in all oxygen-evolving photosynthesis organisms such as high plants, red and green algae.
- b Organisms that depend on other organisms for their source of organic compounds (foods).
- c Any salt or ester of malic acid.
- d Is the diffusion of hydrogen ions( Protons) across the biological membrane via the ATP synthase ( A transport protein) due to a proton gradient that forms on the other side of the membrane.
- e A distinct complex of proteins and pigments molecules in chloroplasts that absorbs light during the light reactions of photosynthesis.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An electron carrying protein present in chloroplasts, forming part of the electron transport chain. Associated with photosystem 1 contains two copper atoms per molecule.
- A layer of parallel elongated cells below the epidermis of a leaf.
- A salt or an ester of oxaloacetic acid.
- the lowest point of a wave.
- Membranous cisterna of the chloroplast, found as part of the grana and also as single cisterna interconnecting the grana.
5 True/False Questions
Tyrosine → the lowest point of a wave.
Phylloquinone → One of the K vitamins, found in cabbage, spinach, and other leafy green vegetables, and essential for the blood-clotting process.
NADP reductase → An enzyme that catalyses the oxidation ( addition of oxygen) and reduction (addition of hydrogen) in the presence of NADP
Synthase → Black dioxide of this as an industrial raw material or additive, in glassmaking.
Manganese → Black dioxide of this as an industrial raw material or additive, in glassmaking.