5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ribulose biphosphate
- Palisade layer
- Photosystem 1
- a A distinct complex of proteins and pigments molecules in chloroplasts that absorbs light during the light reactions of photosynthesis.
- b Is the diffusion of hydrogen ions( Protons) across the biological membrane via the ATP synthase ( A transport protein) due to a proton gradient that forms on the other side of the membrane.
- c A layer of parallel elongated cells below the epidermis of a leaf.
- d Addition of hydrogen
- e A five carbon sugar that is combined with carbon dioxide to form two three-carbon intermediates in the first stage of the light dependent reactions of photosynthesis.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Is an important metabolic intermediate.
- Black dioxide of this as an industrial raw material or additive, in glassmaking.
- Is a nucleotide that contains a large amount of chemical energy stored in its high-energy phosphate bonds.
- An enzyme in the carborxylases responsible for the formation of the four-carbon compound oxaloacetate by catalyzing the bringing one molecule of carbon dioxide to the three-carbon compound phosphoenolpyruvate.
- Tissue found in the interior of leaves, made up of photosynthetic (parenchyma) cells, also called chlorenchyma cells.
5 True/False Questions
Bundle sheath → A layer or region of compactly arranged cells surrounding a vascular bundle in a plant.
Ferrodoxin → Any of a group of red-brown proteins containing iron and sulfur and acting as an electron carrier during photosynthesis, nitrogen oxidation-reduction reactions.
Mutagenic → Any salt or ester of malic acid.
Pheophytin → Chlorophylls from which the magnesium has been removed by treatment with weak acid.
Tyrosine → An amino acid, one of the 20 building blocks of protein. A nonessential amino acid, is produced from another amino acid, phenylalanine.