← Anatomy- Muscles Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Origin: Sternum and clavicle
Insertion: Mastoid process of temporal bone
Action: Tilts and rotates the head
Nerve: Accessory nerve (Cranial nerve XI)
- 1. Zygomaticus
2. levator anguli oris
- Lateral pterygoid
- 1. Sternocleidomastoid
- a Which muscle opens the jaw?
- b Which three muscles help us smile?
- c Which of the hyoid muscles would make up the floor of the mouth?
- d Name the two neck mucles:
- e Sternocleidomastoid:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Name the four Infrahyoid muscles:
- Which muscles close the jaws?
- Which muscle is known as the kissing muscle?
- Buccinator: **
- The blood supply of the tongue:
5 True/False Questions
Levator labii superioris
Levator labii superioris aleque nasii
Depressor anguili oris
Depressor labii inferioris
Buccinator → Name the four suprahyoid muscles:
Infrahyoid muscles → Elevation of the hyoid bone, retraction and depression of the mandible. These muscles are important in chewing, swallowing, and speech
-Origin: Medial side of pterygoid plate, maxillary tuberosity
-Insertion: Medial surface of the angle of the mandible
-Action: Elevates the mandible, protrudes the mandible → Buccinator: **
Origin: Occipital and vertebral bones
Insertion: Scapula and clavicle
Action: Rotates and elevates the scapula (shoulder shrug)
Nerve: Accessory nerve (Cranial nerve XI) → Trapezius-
-Origin: Zygomatic arch
-Insertion: Outside surface of mandible (angle and ramus of mandible)
-Action: Elevates the mandible → Masseter: