← Anatomy- Muscles Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Origin: Occipital and vertebral bones
Insertion: Scapula and clavicle
Action: Rotates and elevates the scapula (shoulder shrug)
Nerve: Accessory nerve (Cranial nerve XI)
- 1. Sternocleidomastoid
- 1. Zygomaticus
2. levator anguli oris
- Lingual artery (a branch of the external carotid artery)
- a The blood supply of the tongue:
- b Elevation of the hyoid bone, retraction and depression of the mandible. These muscles are important in chewing, swallowing, and speech
- c Name the two neck mucles:
- d Which three muscles help us smile?
- e Trapezius-
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Buccinator: **
- Blood supply to muscles of mastication:
- Other muscles of facial expression include:
- Which muscle is known as the kissing muscle?
- Which muscle opens the jaw?
5 True/False Questions
3. Medial pterygoid → Name the two neck mucles:
Mylohyoid → Which of the hyoid muscles would make up the floor of the mouth?
Origin: Sternum and clavicle
Insertion: Mastoid process of temporal bone
Action: Tilts and rotates the head
Nerve: Accessory nerve (Cranial nerve XI) → Trapezius-
4. omohyoid → Name the four suprahyoid muscles:
trigeminal nerve (V) → Innervation of the muscles of mastication is the mandibular division of the ___.