5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clinton's Impeachment
- Roe vs. Wade
- Camp Davis Records
- Department of Homeland Security
- Affirmative Action
- a Result of a political sex scandal emerging from a sexual relationship between United States President Bill Clinton and a 22-year-old White House intern, Monica Lewinsky.
- b US federal agency created in 2002 to coordinate national efforts against terrorism.
- c ...
- d A policy designed to redress past discrimination against women and minority groups through measures to improve their economic and educational opportunities.
- e The U.S. supreme Court ruled that there is a fundamental right ro privacy, which includes a woman's decision to have an abortion. Up until the third trimester the state allows abortion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This contraversial 2001 law allows anti-terrorism authorities to monitor e-mail and Internet traffic in order to prevent terrorist attacks. The government argues that cyberspace is public domain and that no warrants should be needed to access information.
- A war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders.
- 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001.
- Scandal including arms sales to the Middle East in order to send money to help the Contras in Nicaragua even though Congress had objected.
5 True/False questions
Oil Embargo → Vice president of the United States under Bill Clinton (born in 1948)
Mikhail Gorbachev → Head of the Soviet Union from 1985 to 1991. His liberalization effort improved relations with the West, but he lost power after his reforms led to the collapse of Communist governments in eastern Europe.
Bill Clinton → 42nd President advocated economic and healthcare reform; second president to be impeached.
NAFTA → A trade agreement between Canada, the United States and Mexico that encourages free trade between these North American countries.
Reaganomics → During the 60's and 70's, the U.S. was suffering from 5.3% inflation and 6% unemployment. Refers to the unusual economic situation in which an economy is suffering both from inflation and from stagnation of its industrial growth.