5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner
- Malcolm X
- 24th amendment
- a the three men who were murdered in Mississippi, their bodies were later found in a dam (discouraged blacks from registering to vote)
- b the first town to promote voters' registrations
- c what piece of legislation banned payment of poll taxes as a condition for voting in federal elections
- d the third leader of the Nation of Islam who said African American freedom should be brought about by any means necessary, but was assassinated by his own group after his pilgrimage to Mecca
- e what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the man who lead the Poor People's Campaign March
- the police commissioner who met peaceful protests with violence
- the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- the interracial couple who married in DC and were jailed when they returned to Virginia (a remnant of the Jim Crow laws)
- the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"
5 True/False Questions
Southern Christian Leadership Conference → the conference called by MLK Jr., to fight segregation. passive resistance stressed nonviolence and peaceful confrontation.
Council of Federated Organizations → the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
Robert Moses → the first African American who is elected to be mayor
Civil Rights Act of 1954 → the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
Elijah Muhammad → the second leader of the Nation of Islam who emphasized African American Superiority, and encouraged people to change their last name to X