← History Ch. 31 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Letter From Birmingham Jail
- Montgomery bus boycott
- T Eugene Conner
- I Have a Dream
- a the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- b the boycott lead by Martin Luther King Junior in response to the arrest of Rosa Parks
- c the police commissioner who met peaceful protests with violence
- d the letter to religion leaders from Martin Luther King Junior that said change was necessary
- e the first town to promote voters' registrations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the conference called by MLK Jr., to fight segregation. passive resistance stressed nonviolence and peaceful confrontation.
- the founder of the Nation of Islam
- the name for the tent city set up on the mall that became a criminal breeding ground
- the second leader of the Nation of Islam who emphasized African American Superiority, and encouraged people to change their last name to X
- the idea that there was no place in American Society for African Americans, and put an emphasis on African Traditions
5 True/False Questions
Medgar Evars → the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
freedom riders → In 1964, when blacks and whites together challenged segregation and led a massive drive to register blacks to vote.
the Black Panthers → the motto made by Stokely Carmichael that represented the more powerful position that they wanted in society
the Nation of Islam → the militant group that was frustrated with peaceful protesting, and differed greatly from King's ideals
remedy → what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?