5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Montgomery bus boycott
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- resurrection city
- Civil Rights Act of 1954
- a the boycott lead by Martin Luther King Junior in response to the arrest of Rosa Parks
- b what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?
- c the conference called by MLK Jr., to fight segregation. passive resistance stressed nonviolence and peaceful confrontation.
- d the act that banned discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin during employment
- e the name for the tent city set up on the mall that became a criminal breeding ground
5 Multiple choice questions
- the man who lead the Poor People's Campaign March
- the party that was created after a state party convention rejected all African American candidates
- the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"
- the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
5 True/False questions
Elijah Muhammad → the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"
Letter From Birmingham Jail → the interracial couple who married in DC and were jailed when they returned to Virginia (a remnant of the Jim Crow laws)
Loving v. Virginia → the interracial couple who married in DC and were jailed when they returned to Virginia (a remnant of the Jim Crow laws)
Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner → the three men who were murdered in Mississippi, their bodies were later found in a dam (discouraged blacks from registering to vote)
Fannie Lou Hamer → spokesperson for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party at the 1964 Democratic Convention