← History Ch. 31 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Elijah Muhammad
- Robert Moses
- Fannie Lou Hamer
- I Have a Dream
- a the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- b the SNCC member who elected McComb was the first town to promote banishing voting restrictions
- c the second leader of the Nation of Islam who emphasized African American Superiority, and encouraged people to change their last name to X
- d spokesperson for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party at the 1964 Democratic Convention
- e the first town to promote voters' registrations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the idea that African Americans needed to create their own nation, and that there was no place for them in society
- what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?
- the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
- the motto made by Stokely Carmichael that represented the more powerful position that they wanted in society
- the idea that there was no place in American Society for African Americans, and put an emphasis on African Traditions
5 True/False Questions
James Meredith → the first African American student to go to the University of Mississippi
Civil Rights Act of 1954 → the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
24th amendment → what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?
T Eugene Conner → the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
Selma, Alabama → the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"