5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Council of Federated Organizations
- the Black Panthers
- J Edgar Hoover
- Letter From Birmingham Jail
- Voting Rights Act
- a the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
- b the letter to religion leaders from Martin Luther King Junior that said change was necessary
- c the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
- d the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
- e the African American defense group that wanted land, bread, housing, justice, and peace. were very violent
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the idea that there was no place in American Society for African Americans, and put an emphasis on African Traditions
- where was Martin Luther King Junior assassinated?
- the first African American student to go to the University of Mississippi
- the first African American who is elected to be mayor
- what the supreme court uses to enforce a supreme court ruling is called..?
5 True/False Questions
Kerner Commission → In 1964, when blacks and whites together challenged segregation and led a massive drive to register blacks to vote.
resurrection city → the idea that African Americans needed to create their own nation, and that there was no place for them in society
freedom riders → civil rights activists who rod buses through the south in the early1960s to challenge segregation
affirmative action → a policy designed to give special attention to or compensatory treatment for members of some previously disadvantaged group
Bobby Seale and Huey Newton → what piece of legislation banned payment of poll taxes as a condition for voting in federal elections