5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Voting Rights Act
- Civil Rights Act of 1954
- Council of Federated Organizations
- Carl Stokes
- a the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
- b the idea that African Americans needed to create their own nation, and that there was no place for them in society
- c the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
- d the first African American who is elected to be mayor
- e the act that banned discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin during employment
5 Multiple choice questions
- what piece of legislation banned payment of poll taxes as a condition for voting in federal elections
- the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- the idea that there was no place in American Society for African Americans, and put an emphasis on African Traditions
- the police commissioner who met peaceful protests with violence
- where was Martin Luther King Junior assassinated?
5 True/False questions
Letter From Birmingham Jail → the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
James Meredith → the first African American student to go to the University of Mississippi
the Black Panthers → the African American defense group that wanted land, bread, housing, justice, and peace. were very violent
Montgomery bus boycott → the boycott lead by Martin Luther King Junior in response to the arrest of Rosa Parks
Student Non-Violent Coordination Committee → the militant group that was frustrated with peaceful protesting, and differed greatly from King's ideals