5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner
- the Black Panthers
- Memphis, Tennessee
- J Edgar Hoover
- Voting Rights Act
- a where was Martin Luther King Junior assassinated?
- b the three men who were murdered in Mississippi, their bodies were later found in a dam (discouraged blacks from registering to vote)
- c the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
- d the African American defense group that wanted land, bread, housing, justice, and peace. were very violent
- e the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
5 Multiple choice questions
- spokesperson for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party at the 1964 Democratic Convention
- the third leader of the Nation of Islam who said African American freedom should be brought about by any means necessary, but was assassinated by his own group after his pilgrimage to Mecca
- the letter to religion leaders from Martin Luther King Junior that said change was necessary
- the act that banned discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin during employment
- the second leader of the Nation of Islam who emphasized African American Superiority, and encouraged people to change their last name to X
5 True/False questions
I Have a Dream → the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
the Congress of Racial Equality → the group that used freedom riders to challenge bus segregation
Kerner Commission → In 1964, when blacks and whites together challenged segregation and led a massive drive to register blacks to vote.
Loving v. Virginia → the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
Freedom Summer → civil rights activists who rod buses through the south in the early1960s to challenge segregation