5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- couldn't be broken into smaller pieces
- blast furnace
- a To remove iron from its ore, a __ is used.
- b In 1802, ___ proposed the atomic theory.
- c Dalton believed that atoms __.
- d An __ is the smallest particle of an element.
- e One of the steps used to obtain copper from its ore is __.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Democritus called the smallest piece of matter "atomos" meaning ____
- Scientists studying atoms must make __ (educated guesses) about them based on ___
- The density of gold is much ___ than the density of most other materials.
- The word electrolysis means "__".
- __ are two metal strips used in electrolysis.
5 True/False Questions
chemical bond → The force that holds two atoms together is a __
two → Molecules can contain as many as billions of atoms, or a s few as __ atoms
scanning tunneling microscope → Dalton believed that masses of the elements in a compound are always in a ___
copper → One of the steps used to obtain __ from its ore is electrolysis.
Democritus → __ was a Greek philosopher who was one of the first people to think matter was made of atoms.