5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- inferences based on observations
- a Today, gold mining is done using machines called __.
- b An __ is the smallest particle of an element.
- c one of the first atomic __
- d Dalton believed that atoms of different elements are __
- e Scientists studying atoms must make __ (educated guesses) about them based on ___
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One of the steps used to obtain copper from its ore is __.
- Dalton believed that atoms of two or more elements combine to form __
- Dalton believed that atoms __.
- __ are two metal strips used in electrolysis.
- Dalton believed dthat atoms of each element have a unique __
5 True/False Questions
copper → A(n) __ is a rock that contains a metal or other useful material
two → Molecules can contain as many as billions of atoms, or a s few as __ atoms
exactly alike → Dalton believed that in any element, all the atoms are ___
density → Gold can be separated from a mixture of dirt and sand because of its ___.
blast furnace → In 1802, ___ proposed the atomic theory.