← Unit 10 AP Euro Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- successor states
- 3rd International
- Dawes Plan
- turmoil in France
- post-war economics
- a a terrorist organization dedicated to spreading Communist revolution throughout the world and establishing a worldwide Communist state
- b PART OF MADISON'S PRESIDENCY
After the war of 1812, a lot went on in American politics: British blockade also forced New England manufacturing to BOOM, banks issued loans like crazy and land owners bought and sold frequently, farmers began to expand and get more land, "Era of Good Feelings" (only because there was just one political party- Republicans)
This all lead to to the Panic of 1819...
- c A plan to revive the German economy, the United States loans Germany money which then can pay reparations to England and France, who can then pay back their loans from the U.S. This circular flow of money was a success.
- d Finland, Roland, Hungary, Czech-Slavakia, Yugoslavia
- e conservative to liberal pendulum, action francis an extension of the natzis grew in power during the great depresion in which currency value drppped20%, strong labor force
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1918-1920: conflict in which the Red Army successfully defended the newly formed Bolshevik government against various Russian and interventionist anti-Bolshevik armies. Red vs. White Army.
- The new German republic the in 1921 owed 33 billion annually to the allied reparations commission. In order to recover from its severe economic issues the annual fees were reduced each year depending on the level of German economic prosperity and Germany received large loans each year from the United States.
- Alliance formed in French elections of May 1936 between the Communists, the Socialists, and the Radicals as result from the concern they had about the fascist movement overbroad. Won easily. Encouraged union movement and social reform. Compare with communism: one party.
- a war hero, was elected to be german president when he was 84 and in poor health. the nazis took full advantage of his old age. He died and was replaced by Hitler, this allowed Hitler to combine the powers of President and Chancellor to proclaim himself the Supreme head of State and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces
- Hitler becomes Chancellor in January 1933 and assumes powers of presidency upon death of Paul von Hindenburg in August 1934
Hitler immediately orders "coordination" alignment
5 True/False Questions
Leon Blum → 'My Struggle' by hitler, later became the basic book of nazi goals and ideology, reflected obsession
Leon Trotsky → France's first socialist Prime Minister. During his one year in office, he instituted a number of important social reforms, including the 40-hour work week. Government took a more active role in economy by increasing public spending and helping workers gain salary increases. He was Jewish.
Beer Hall Putsch → In 1923 the Nazis attempted to overthrow the government in Munich. It was a total failure, and Hitler received a brief prison sentence during which time he wrote Mein Kampf.
Adolf Hitler → German Nazi who was chief of the SS and the Gestapo and who oversaw the genocide of six million Jews (1900-1945)
Benito Mussolini → Russian leader who succeeded Lenin as head of the Communist Party and created a totalitarian state by purging all opposition