5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Secondary waves
- Elastic Deformation
- a vibrations produced by the breaking of rock.
- b the amount of energy or magnitude released by an earthquake.
- c rocks bent and stretched out of shape by force.
- d slides, creates Strike- Slip fault
- e waves vibrate side to side. like a rope
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rock above the fault surface slides down and is pulled apart.
- describes the intensity of the earthquake using geological and structural damage.
- forces on either side of the fault cause rocks to slide past each other.
- rocks on either side of the fault move past each other with no upward of downward movement.
- an earthquake under the ocean which causes sudden movement on the ocean floor.
5 True/False Questions
Epicenter → the point directly above the focus.
Intensity → the amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
Plate Movement → cause the movement of the plates that make up earth's crust and upper mantle.
Tension → the amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
Seismograph → the study of earthquakes.