5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Congo River
- 70% of all Africans died on their way to the Americas.
- a a battle, a terrible defeat for the british but it motiviated them to ultimately defeat the zulus, was in south africa
- b a major African river (one of the world's longest)
- c ..., Kingdom developed among Fon or Aja peoples in 17th century; center at Abomey 70 miles from coast; under King Agaja expanded to control coastline and port of Whydah by 1727; accepted Western firearms and goods in return for African slaves.
- d ..., Dutch settlers in south Africa
- e What was the death rate for Africans in the slave trade?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ..., Located in Bolivia, one of the richest silver mining centers and most populous cities in colonial Spanish America. (p. 479)
- ..., the practice of making a debtor work for his creditor until the debt is discharged
- passed by a tsetse fly and affects the nervous system, placing the person in a deep and fatal sleep .African Europeans got this disease and the western coast became known as the white man's graveyard.
- How was the Monroe Doctrine "enforced"?
- ..., an American foreign policy opposing interference in the Western hemisphere from outside powers
5 True/False Questions
Silk Route → ..., an adherent of Sikhism
Seven Years War → ..., Known in America as French and Indian war. It was the war between the French and their Indian allies and the English that proved the English to be the more dominant force of what was to be the United States both commercially and in terms of controlled regions.
480,000 → ..., a theocratic islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia
Brazil → Which Latin American country was a monarchy for several years after independence?
Simon Bolivar → a major African river (one of the world's longest)