5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- South Africa
- James Monroe
- Seven Years War
- President Monroe placed a tax on anyone who decided to go against it.
- a ..., 5th President of the United States
- b ..., Known in America as French and Indian war. It was the war between the French and their Indian allies and the English that proved the English to be the more dominant force of what was to be the United States both commercially and in terms of controlled regions.
- c ..., local south africans that resisted control of boers
- d What was the "white man's graveyard"?
- e How was the Monroe Doctrine "enforced"?
5 Multiple choice questions
- ..., Mexican priest who led peasants in call for independence and improved conditions
- ..., Persian capital from the 16th to 18th centuries found in central Iran
- ..., Mestizo leader of Indian revolt in Peru; supported by many among lower social classes; revolt eventually failed because of Creole fears of real social revolution.
- ..., the largest city and former capital of Turkey
- ..., The most illustrious sultan of the Ottoman Empire (r. 1520-1566); also known as Suleiman Kanuni, 'The Lawgiver.' He significantly expanded the empire in the Balkans and eastern Mediterranean. (p. 526)
5 True/False questions
Silk Route → ..., an adherent of Sikhism
He was not Muslim. → ...
castas → ..., The greatest Safavid leader. Reformed government, strengthened military, acquired modern gunpowder weapons. Reformed the government and strengthened the military.
sultan → ..., a region of northern Africa south of the Sahara and Libyan deserts
Potosi → ..., supreme rulers over the torko-mongolian tribes of central asia