5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bank of the United States
- Three levels of federal court system
- $25 million
- John Adams
- Court of Appeals
- a First Vice President.
- b District Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court.
- c This was the basis for the argument between loose and strict construction. Hamilton and loose construction won, the bank was created and it offered economic stability for the next 20 years which helped the economy.
- d Amount of states' debt.
- e They reviewed appeals to the decisions of the District Court.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Jefferson was in favor of these, he wanted smaller government and lower taxes.
- Legislation passed by Congress that created the federal court system
- amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
- a commercial bank chartered by the federal government. The "Bank of the United States" was one. It gave the government a place to safely deposit its' money.
- The various department heads under the President.
5 True/False questions
Thomas Jefferson → They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
Jefferson's objection to Hamilton's plan to repay debt. → He thought it was unfair to the original bond holders, many of whom sold their bonds to speculators at a price below full value.
U.S. Mint → action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.
Hamilton's plan to repay debt → Pay the bonds back in the full amount but over a period of time.
New York City → Where Washington was sworn into office.