5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- $11.7 million
- protective tariff
- lower tariffs
- strict construction
- Hamilton vs. Jefferson
- a way of interpreting the Constitution that allows the federal government to take only those actions the Constitution specifically says it can take. Jefferson supported it in the argument about creating a national bank (which he did not support)
- b They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
- c Jefferson was in favor of these, he wanted smaller government and lower taxes.
- d amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
- e a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To organize the parts of the Executive and Judicial branches of government.
- a commercial bank chartered by the federal government. The "Bank of the United States" was one. It gave the government a place to safely deposit its' money.
- New York City.
- Pay the bonds back in the full amount but over a period of time.
- certificates that represent money owed.
5 True/False Questions
Bank of the United States → This was the basis for the argument between loose and strict construction. Hamilton and loose construction won, the bank was created and it offered economic stability for the next 20 years which helped the economy.
Electoral College → a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
$25 million → Population of American in 1790.
National Debt → This was the amount of money owed by the United States to its' debtors.
precedent → action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.