5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Judiciary Act of 1789
- national bank
- Jefferson's objection to Hamilton's plan to repay debt.
- One of the first jobs of Congress
- a action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.
- b a commercial bank chartered by the federal government. The "Bank of the United States" was one. It gave the government a place to safely deposit its' money.
- c Legislation passed by Congress that created the federal court system
- d He thought it was unfair to the original bond holders, many of whom sold their bonds to speculators at a price below full value.
- e To organize the parts of the Executive and Judicial branches of government.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He thought farming was important because farms were independent works who could vote in a purer manner
- certificates that represent money owed.
- District Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court.
- The various department heads under the President.
- a way of interpreting the constitution that allows the federal government to take actions that the Constitution does not specifically forbid it from taking. Hamilton supported that in the argument about creating a national bank (which he supported)
5 True/False Questions
speculators → people who buy items at low prices in the hope that the value will rise.
District Court → way of interpreting the Constitution that allows the federal government to take only those actions the Constitution specifically says it can take. Jefferson supported it in the argument about creating a national bank (which he did not support)
John Jay → First Vice President.
$11.7 million → amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
protective tariff → a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.