5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Protective Tariff
- Average citizens
- 4 million
- Alexander Hamilton
- Jefferson's objection to Hamilton's plan to repay debt.
- a He thought it was unfair to the original bond holders, many of whom sold their bonds to speculators at a price below full value.
- b Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- c First Secretary of the Treasury.
- d Population of American in 1790.
- e Hamilton saw this as a way to help promote manufacturing and business in the United States.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Legislation passed by Congress that created the federal court system
- He thought farming was important because farms were independent works who could vote in a purer manner
- Paying off the national debt.
- a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
- a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.
5 True/False Questions
Thomas Jefferson → They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
States' Debts → Hamilton wanted the federal government to pay for most of this debt.
One of the first jobs of Congress → To organize the parts of the Executive and Judicial branches of government.
bonds → The various department heads under the President.
New York City → First Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.