5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Protective Tariff
- Court of Appeals
- Martha Washington
- Hamilton vs. Jefferson
- a The various department heads under the President.
- b They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
- c She had to entertain guests and attend social events as the First Lady.
- d Hamilton saw this as a way to help promote manufacturing and business in the United States.
- e They reviewed appeals to the decisions of the District Court.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- New York City.
- a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
- Lowest level federal court where trials are held and lawsuits are begun.
- a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.
5 True/False Questions
$40.4 million → amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
John Jay → First Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
Concern of George Washington → That age and lack of political experience might make him a poor president.
How U.S. Capital was located in Washington → That age and lack of political experience might make him a poor president.
bonds → certificates that represent money owed.