5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Adams
- Alexander Hamilton
- 4 million
- John Jay
- a First Vice President.
- b certificates that represent money owed.
- c Population of American in 1790.
- d First Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- e First Secretary of the Treasury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They reviewed appeals to the decisions of the District Court.
- They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
- Pay the bonds back in the full amount but over a period of time.
- This was the amount of money owed by the United States to its' debtors.
- District Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court.
5 True/False questions
speculators → Population of American in 1790.
Average citizens → action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.
Concern of George Washington → That age and lack of political experience might make him a poor president.
Protective Tariff → Hamilton saw this as a way to help promote manufacturing and business in the United States.
Martha Washington → She had to entertain guests and attend social events as the First Lady.