5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- District Court
- Average citizens
- Court of Appeals
- National Debt
- $40.4 million
- a Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- b This was the amount of money owed by the United States to its' debtors.
- c Lowest level federal court where trials are held and lawsuits are begun.
- d amount of money owed by the U.S. to U.S> citizens after the Revolutionary War.
- e They reviewed appeals to the decisions of the District Court.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Jefferson was in favor of these, he wanted smaller government and lower taxes.
- amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
- First Vice President.
- This was the basis for the argument between loose and strict construction. Hamilton and loose construction won, the bank was created and it offered economic stability for the next 20 years which helped the economy.
- They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
5 True/False Questions
How U.S. Capital was located in Washington → Southern states supported states debt repayment plan (which paid mostly northern states) in exchange for placing capital closer to the south.
Hamilton's plan to repay debt → Hamilton wanted the federal government to pay for most of this debt.
$25 million → Population of American in 1790.
Electoral College → a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
protective tariff → Jefferson was in favor of these, he wanted smaller government and lower taxes.