5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alexander Hamilton
- Average citizens
- $11.7 million
- a Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- b The various department heads under the President.
- c action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.
- d First Secretary of the Treasury.
- e amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- First Secretary of State.
- Hamilton saw this as a way to help promote manufacturing and business in the United States.
- She had to entertain guests and attend social events as the First Lady.
- Southern states supported states debt repayment plan (which paid mostly northern states) in exchange for placing capital closer to the south.
- First Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
5 True/False Questions
Jefferson's objection to Hamilton's plan to repay debt. → He thought it was unfair to the original bond holders, many of whom sold their bonds to speculators at a price below full value.
lower tariffs → First Vice President.
Jefferson's view on economic growth → Pay the bonds back in the full amount but over a period of time.
U.S. Mint → action or decision that serves as an example for later generations.
strict construction → way of interpreting the Constitution that allows the federal government to take only those actions the Constitution specifically says it can take. Jefferson supported it in the argument about creating a national bank (which he did not support)