← Chapter 16 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Increased permeability
- Mucous membranes
- Gastric Juices
- a Is the ingestion of a microorganism or other substance by a cell.
- b Cells the perform phacytosis
- c Permits defensive substances normally retained in the blood to pass through the walls of the blood vessels and enter the injured area.
- d Because of acidic level most bacteria and bacterial toxins are killed
- e Important component of the first line of defense
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The various macrophages of the body
- Accumulation of fluid
- One role of is to recruit other macrophages and dendrite cell, as well as other defenses.
- increases blood flow to the damaged area and is responsible for the redness and heat associated with inflammation
- resident in certain tissues and organs of the body. Liver, lungs, nervous system....
5 True/False Questions
Lysozyme → Natural killer cells. Destroy target cells by cytolysis and apoptosis
Susceptibility → focus of an infection
Mucus → mixture of body fluids and dead cells
Urine → Cleansing of the urethra by the flow. Infections of urinary catheters alter urine flow.
T Cells → Cell-mediated immunity