5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Systems theory
- Novice nurse
- Role theory
- Adaptation Theory
- Myra E. Levine/ Conservation model
- a defines the interdependence of environments in and around us. all parts of a system are connected, and a change in one part of the whole will have an effect on another. (Ludwig von Bertallanaffy)
- b helps you, as a nurse, function therapeutically in interactions and helps you understand behaviors in your patients, their families, and yourself.
- c helps the nurse understand the ability of living things to adjust (or adapt) in response to continuous internal and external stimuli.
- d based on three concepts: wholeness, adaptation, and conservation (example: obtaining a wheelchair for the pt (conserve energy))
- e level 1, student nurse or a skilled nurse being placed in an unfamiliar area
5 Multiple choice questions
- theory focused on three major relationships: environment to pt, nurse to environment, and nurse to pt. (Environment is the major focus)
- level 4, is able to see the whole (rather than the parts) of a situation, recognizes subtle changes, and focuses on the long-term goals.
- goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.
- (focused on relationship btw nurse and patient) encouraged autonomy through interlocking and overlapping phases: preorientation, orientation, working, and termination
- for example Maslow's Theory of the Hierarchy of Needs, Erickson's Theory of Psychosocial Development; both teach nurses that all systems in the human body are interdependent.
5 True/False questions
Conceptual models or nursing frameworks (aka paradigm) → (focused on relationship btw nurse and patient) encouraged autonomy through interlocking and overlapping phases: preorientation, orientation, working, and termination
Concepts → integrated set of concepts and statements that can be used to explain, describe, predict, or control a phenomenon. may be inductive or deductive reasoning (PP page 2)
Deductive reasoning → specific to general
1. 20 males btw the ages 19 and 35 had symptoms of PTSD after returning from war.
2. therefore, all males btw the ages of 19 and 35 returning from war will have symptoms of PTSD.
Inductive reasoning → general to specific
1. All members of Class A are purple.
2. Mary is a member of Class A.
3. Therefore, Mary is purple
Advanced beginner nurse → level 2, considered the new graduate nurse who demonstrates marginally acceptable performance relies more on experienced nurses.