5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
4 True/False questions
American System → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
Missouri Compromise → An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
Depression of 1837: → A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land