5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The adding of territory to a nation
- A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.
- A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
4 True/False Questions
Free-Soil Party → People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
Wilmot Proviso → A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
Expansionists → The adding of territory to a nation
Monroe Doctrine → A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.