5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
- A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
4 True/False Questions
American System → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Depression of 1837: → A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
Missouri Compromise → An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West