5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- The adding of territory to a nation
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
4 True/False questions
Trail of Tears → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Monroe Doctrine → A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
Oregon Fever → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Missouri Compromise → An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.