5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
- The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
4 True/False questions
Oregon Fever → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Annexation → The adding of territory to a nation
Doctrine of Nullification → A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
Monroe Doctrine → A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean