5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
4 True/False questions
Free-Soil Party → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Doctrine of Nullification → The adding of territory to a nation
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
Depression of 1837: → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.