5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
4 True/False Questions
Annexation → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
Era of Good Feelings → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Manifest Destiny → A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
Depression of 1837: → A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land