5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
- The adding of territory to a nation
- The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
4 True/False questions
Free-Soil Party → People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
Missouri Compromise → An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
Wilmot Proviso → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.