5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- The adding of territory to a nation
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
4 True/False questions
Free-Soil Party → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Monroe Doctrine → A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
American System → A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.
Manifest Destiny → A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean