5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Model Penal Code Murder (MPC 210.2)
- Model Penal Code Manslaughter (MPC 210.3)
- Model Penal Code (210.4) Negligent manslaughter and manslaughter
- serial murderer
- a Criminal homicide constitutes negligent homicide when it is committed negligently.
- b Another name for mercy killing
- c One who kills several persons over a period of time, which can range from weeks to years.
- d The Model Penal Code states that the crime of murder occurs when the defendant causes the death of another human being, and it is committed purposely or knowingly, or it is committed recklessly under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life. Such recklessness is assumed with robbery, rape, deviate sexual intercourse by force or fear, arson, burglary, kidnapping, or felonious escape.
- e Defines manslaughter as the unlawful killing of another human being, committed in a reckless manner, or committed u ner the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance for which there is a reasonable explanation or excuse.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The taking of one's own life
- One who kills several victims at the same time in one location.
- Liability for murder when a death results during, and as a result of, any dangerous felony committed by the defendant.
- classified as killing that is premeditated. This type of killing occurs when the defendant had time to reflect on the act and to form the intent to kill.
- The intentional and unlawful killing of another person in response to adequate provocation. Considered the second-most serious form of homicide. It requires the same type of intent that is necessary for murder, the crime is "downgraded" to voluntary manslaughter if there was a factual pattern that provoked the defendant into killing a person. (Crime of Passion, Impulsive, NOT planned)
5 True/False Questions
Degrees of Murder → The crime ofa murder can be divided into two basic elements. The defendant must act withthe necessary specific intent to kill or engage in conduct so outraageous that the specific intent to kill will be inferred. The defendant's conduct must have caused the death of another human being. Have to have had Mens Rea and Actus Rea
involuntary manslaughter → The intentional and unlawful killing of another person in response to adequate provocation. Considered the second-most serious form of homicide. It requires the same type of intent that is necessary for murder, the crime is "downgraded" to voluntary manslaughter if there was a factual pattern that provoked the defendant into killing a person. (Crime of Passion, Impulsive, NOT planned)
Criminal Homicide → killing that involves unlawful conduct and evil intent on the part of the killer. Most serious type of homicide.
Elements of a Murder → In early English common law, there were no degrees of murder. The US deveolped the "first degree" and second degree" connect of murder in Pennsylvania as early as 1794. CA: First & Second, NYC First, Second, Third, etc.
Degrees of Negligence → simple negligence, gross negligence, civil liability, negligent or voluntary manslaughter, recklessness and involuntary manslaughter