Disdainful, haughty, and aloof.
1. A shrine where the ancient Greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such a shrine.
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
An address or formal speech given on a special occasion.
A mouth or vent; an opening.
A cut or notch.
1. A written contract between two parties.
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
3. To bind by written contract.
A long three-pronged fork or weapon.
A specialist who corrects irregularly positioned teeth.
1. A deep, narrow passage with rocky sides, enclosed between mountains.
2. Gluttonous eating.
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise).
4. To eat greedily.
5. To fill full; to stuff.
1. To expel from the throat or stomach; to vomit.
2. To discharge violently.
Of immense size; gigantic.
A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rain spout carrying water clear of a wall.
1. To cause to pour back or cast up partially digested food; to vomit.
2. To rush or surge back.