5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- This put young, unmarried men to work in reforestation and soil conservation projects. Most popular of the New Deal agencies.
- The name of President Roosevelt's program for getting the United States out of the depression
- Public works
- Millions of unskilled workers who wanted more from their jobs. Broke off from the American Federation of Labor (AFL). Organized by John L. Lewis.
- a Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO)
- b unearned government handout
- c Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
- d New Deal
- e government-financed construction of public facilities
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Hoover blankets"
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Dust Bowl
- Hawley-Smoot tariff
- Decline of international trade
5 True/False Questions
Cardboard shacks sheltering homeless people → "Hoover flags"
Old-age pensions and unemployment insurance for American workers. → Social Security Act
Former governor of Louisiana. "Share Our Wealth" proposed heavy taxes on the rich & redistribute wealth to the poor. Assassinated in September, 1935. → Huey Long
"What are four factors that contributed to the depression?" (5 points) → 1.Growing debts of consumers in the 1920s which resulted in the
2.loss of buying power.
3. Decreased demand for industrial production.
4. Businesses slowed production and laid off workers.
5. Increase of unemployment.
Given $500 million to loan to businesses (primarily banks). → Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC)