5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- primary motor projection area
- a sits on top of hindbrain - coordinates movement and relays information from senses.
- b the departure point for signals that enter lower parts of the brain and spinal cord resulting in muscle movement. Found at the rearmost edge of the frontal lobe.
- c outnumbers neurons 10:1 in some parts of the brain.
- d the relay centre, transmitting information from cortex
- e multidisciplinary effort to understand the nature, function and origins of the nervous system.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- includes psychologists, biologists, computer scientists physicians and others that research to understand the interactions of molecules inside individual nerve cells that also includes how neural tissue equates to conscious experience.
- central nervous system
- ability to maintain and manipulate information on line (in the present)
- 2 hemispheres; LHem & RHem, connected by corpus callosum
- brain damaged patients and neuroimaging
5 True/False Questions
apraxias → in frontal lobe - disturbs voluntary actions ie: waving
Occipital lobe → primary visual cortex - experience of consciously seeing
frontal lobes → found behind forehead
Brain damaged patients - what to look for → ability to maintain and manipulate information on line (in the present)
brain → weighs 3-4 pounds and is thought to be the most complex known object in the universe