5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 Neuroimaging techniques
- Broca's area
- a includes psychologists, biologists, computer scientists physicians and others that research to understand the interactions of molecules inside individual nerve cells that also includes how neural tissue equates to conscious experience.
- b ERP (electrophysiological techniques, functional imaging
- c biological psychology / behavioural neuroscience
- d non fluent aphasias - typically involves lesions in a region of the left frontal lobe. Indiviual able to comprehend speech but unable to produce recognisable speech.
- e fine motor control (largest part of hindbrain)
5 Multiple choice questions
- general arousal, breathing, heart rate
- no two identical, localisation of function caries from person to person
- plays a pivtol role in triggering and shaping our emotions
- cortical colour blindness, disorders of movement perception ie: see world in snapshots
- visual processing, primary visual cortex creates what we see and adds edges
5 True/False questions
brain → weighs 3-4 pounds and is thought to be the most complex known object in the universe
brain stem → weighs 3-4 pounds and is thought to be the most complex known object in the universe
Phineas Gage → 3 ft rod into cheek went through front of brain (frontal lobe). Suffered intellectual and emotional impairments.
Four major lobes → initiating modulating and planning behaviour, strategic thinking and problem solving
primary somatosensory area → Fluent aphasias - able to produce recognisable speech but do not understand what is said to them. Found in a region of the brain that borders on the auditory projection area.