← Psychology Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- biological drives
- phallic stage
- Urie Bronfrenbrenner
- a Typically begins at about 4 years of age and continues until about age 6 when the children discover that stimulation of the genitals can feel good.
- b Whose model was the leading model in attempting to account for cross cultural differences in child development?
- c entities that stand for or refer to certain "things" or entities.
- d biological forces that play a key role
- e Consistently directed toward a single goal; a notion by Alfred Adler, a neo-Freudians. (first to break with Freud)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- network of interactions and interdependencies among people, institutions and cultural constructs to which the developing person must adapt.
- What is the mental representation of the meaning of the sentence called?
- different individuals respond very differently to the same experiences; depression stems not so much from the objective events as from the way those events are interpreted
- Key determinant of ___________ is the match between an individual's temperament and the individual's environment
- -Absence of pleasure
-Sense of hopelessness
-Feeling that all is lost
-Sense of worthlessness and hopelessness
2 Main classes:
1) Major __________
5 True/False Questions
psychosexual stages of development → How did Robert Sternberg describe intelligence?
essential variables → Factor analysis identifies the what underlying a wide array of individual differences?
rules → Schizophrenia is more sever and strikes earlier in which sex?
conscientiousness → Behaviorists view treating phobias through what?
agreeableness → good-natured , easy to get along with, empathetic toward others, friendly