5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint that shows holiness.
- b Tall and narrow structure or building.
- c A woman who has taken a sacred vow to devote her life to prayer and service to the church.
- d A religious residence especially for nuns.
- e A religious painting OR a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Horizontal beam spanding two upright posts.
- The study of a group of representative pictures or symbols.
- What nuns/monks wear.
- Architectural design that consists of lintel, column(post), pediment.
- One who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty for refusing to renounce their religion.
5 True/False Questions
Monastery → A rectangular column that usually projects about a third of its width from the wall to which it is attached.
Vellum → Someone who journeys to a sacred place as an act of religious devotion.
Gislebertus → Artist who painted a fresco called "The Lamentation" and was the bridge between Gothic and early Renaissance.
Chalice → A bowl-shaped drinking cup or goblet.
Tympanum → Half-round panel that fills the space between the lintel and arch over the doorway of the church.