5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happened to the original Globe and how did it happen?
- How do people feel about magic and other superstition?
- Who did Shakespeare marry (name), and what were their ages (Shakespeare's age is first)?
- When did play's take place? (Hint: NO ELECTRICITY!)
- Which gender acted on stage and who played women?
- a Anne Hathaway and 18 and 26
- b During the afternoon and daytime
- c They believed in it a great deal.
- d Males. Young, prepubescent boys played women.
- e It burned down because a cannon blast from the hut set the thatched roof on fire.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lord Chamberlain's Men was a theatre troupe that performed Shakespeare's plays. Their new name was the King's Men and they were named such because after Queen Elizabeth died, King James became the beneficiary.
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- Tragedy, Comedy, History
- Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.
- The stage was a 5 foot tall platform that jutted out into the Pit. It was often called the Apron's stage.
5 True/False questions
Where do the richer audience member's sit? What are the costs of a plain seat vs. one with a cushion? → Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
What did people feel about astrology in the Elizabethan Era? → Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
Who attended the performances? → Everyone
What is a trap door and why is it necessary? → A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.
When and where was Shakespeare born? → April 23 in Stratford