5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Shakespeare come up with his stories?
- How many stories was the original Globe, and what type of roof did it have?
- How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names?
- Which gender acted on stage and who played women?
- How many performances a day were there?
- a 3 stories, thatched roof
- b He plagerized and took ideas from other poets and playwrights. Romeo and Juliet was originally a poem written by a man named Arthur Brooks.
- c Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
- d Males. Young, prepubescent boys played women.
- e Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith
5 Multiple choice questions
- Alderman and Glover
- The Hut is a roofed area above the stage where sound effects came from. The turret was on top of the hut, and the flag that hung from the turret showed the genre of play being performed that day.
- Anne Hathaway and 18 and 26
- In the galleries. A plain seat is 2 cents and a cushion is 3 cents.
5 True/False questions
What are the Lord Chamberlain's Men, and what is/ why did they recieve their new name? → Cannons and Instruments. They came from the Hut.
Where was the stage positioned and what was it called? → A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.
Who attended the performances? → April 23 in the family home
What type of sound effects were there and where did they come from? → Cannons and Instruments. They came from the Hut.
What were the three types of plays that were performed? → Tragedy, Comedy, History