5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are five of Shakespeare's most famous plays?
- What type of sound effects were there and where did they come from?
- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- In what city was the original Globe Theatre located?
- How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names?
- a London, England
- b Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
- c April 23 in Stratford
- d Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith
- e Cannons and Instruments. They came from the Hut.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
- The Hut is a roofed area above the stage where sound effects came from. The turret was on top of the hut, and the flag that hung from the turret showed the genre of play being performed that day.
- In the galleries. A plain seat is 2 cents and a cushion is 3 cents.
- During the afternoon and daytime
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
5 True/False Questions
How did people feel about religion during Elizabethan times? To what religion did they belong? → Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
What was the acting style like? → Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.
Where was the stage positioned and what was it called? → A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.
What happened to the original Globe and how did it happen? → London, England
Who attended the performances? → Everyone