5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How do people feel about magic and other superstition?
- What were his father's occupations?
- How many performances a day were there?
- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- Who did Shakespeare marry (name), and what were their ages (Shakespeare's age is first)?
- a They believed in it a great deal.
- b April 23 in Stratford
- c Anne Hathaway and 18 and 26
- d Alderman and Glover
- e Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
5 Multiple choice questions
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
- 3 stories, thatched roof
- He plagerized and took ideas from other poets and playwrights. Romeo and Juliet was originally a poem written by a man named Arthur Brooks.
5 True/False questions
Where do the richer audience member's sit? What are the costs of a plain seat vs. one with a cushion? → Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
What type of sound effects were there and where did they come from? → Cannons and Instruments. They came from the Hut.
How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names? → Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith
When and where did Shakespeare die? → April 23 in the family home
What is a trap door and why is it necessary? → A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.