5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- separate as a fine suspension of solid particles
- a compound that changes color when it comes in contact with an acid.
- substances that undergo the chemical changes are called
- tastes bitter, feels slippery, and turns red litmus paper blue.
- the law that states that mass cannot be created or destroyed in ordinary chemical and physical changes
5 True/False Questions
exothermic reaction → energy is released, usally as heat; examples reaction between oxygen and fuels that produce fire.
ionic compound → made of positive and negative ions,(oppositely charged ions) but the overall charge is zero; forms hard crystals with high melting points, and conduct electric current when dissolved in water or melted.
acid → ionic compound that can be made from neutralization reactions; made from the positive ion of a base and the negative ion of an acid; salts share the same properties of ionic compounds, including crystal shape, high melting points, and high boiling points, and electric conductivity.
luster → the way a mineral reflects light from its surface.
neutralization → a compound that changes color when it comes in contact with an acid.