← WW 11 + 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- plebeians(orange box)
- a adj, Having to do with cooking
- b n. 1. A strong advocate or supporter
2. An armed fighter opposing an occupying army
- c n. A sudden and violent change; a catastrophe
- d n. A consequence or result, often a negative one.
- e What were the rest of the population( those not patricians)called.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- n. 1. A long adventurous journey.
2. An intellectual or spiritual quest
- (orange box) akos
- A person with similar taste to a gourmet, however, the word suggest they quantity over quality
- v. To utter taunting, sarcastic words.
n. A taunting, scornful remark.
- A companion or associate, typically with negative connotation
5 True/False Questions
patricians(orange box) → What were the rest of the population( those not patricians)called.
temperate → v. To attack the reputation of; to criticize in a derogatory manner.
enormity → n. 1. The state or quality of being monstrous or outrageous
2.The state or quality of being huge; immense
hybrid → n. 1. The offspring of two animals or plants or different species or varieties.
2. Anything that is of mixed origin or composition.
catharsis → n. A releasing of the emotions, often through the arts, that brings about a spiritual renewal or a relieving of tension.