5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- functional region
- time-distance decay
- relative location
- a The declining degree of acceptance of an idea or innovation with increasing time and distance from its point of origin or source.
- b The regional position or situation of a place relative to the position of other places.
- c line on a map connecting points equal temperature values
- d a region defined by the particular set of activities or interactions that occur within it
- e the fifth theme of geography; the mobility of people goods and ideas across the planet
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- worldwide outbreak of disease
- involvement of players at other scales of generate support for a position or an initiative
- depends on the distances among places, the accessibility of place, and the transportation and communication among places
- The spread of an innovation or an idea through a population in an area in such a way that the number of those influenced grows continuously larger, resulting in an expanding area of dissemination.
- measurement of physical space between two poles
5 True/False Questions
stimulus diffusion → a form of diffusion in which a cultural adaptation is created as a result of the introduction of a cultural trait from another place
spatial perspective → observing variations in geographic phenomena across space
possibilism → regional outbreak of a disease
region → the third theme of geography; phenomena are not evenly distributed but concentrated in certain areas called regions
cultural barrier → a single element of normal practice in a culture (e.g., wearing a turban)