structures that hold most of organism's DNA, which is duplicated and inherited. They are allocated to opposite sides of the parent cell.
the reproduction of cells
1. chromosomes duplicated
2. chromosome duplication progresses + membrane grows
3. cell reaches twice its initial size, two daughter cells divide
- combination of protein and protein molecules
- as a cell prepares to divide, chromatin forms compact disks called chromosomes
- consist of 2 copies of chrosomes; identicle DNA molecules
- joined tightly together at the center w/ centromeres
the sequence of a cell in where it divides
cell's metabolic activity is very high; where G1, S and G2 occurs
Mitotic phase (M phase)
- about 10% of cell cycle
- Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, cytokinesis
cytoplasm is divided in two
- (animal cell) clevage furrow
- (plant cell) cell plate
- a cell grows and prepares for division
- takes in ATP
- chromatin turns into chromomes
- disintegration of nuclear envelope + nucleolus
- centrosomes grow and begin to move towards centers
-spindles going to opposite poles
- sister chromatids connected to spindles at equator
- spindles fully formed on both poles
- sister chromosomes separated
- sister chromosomes separated at centromeres and start to be attracted towards poles
-chromatin starts to form
- on opposite sides
- nucleoli appear
- cells must be in contact w/ a solid surface
cells stop dividing when they touch one another
-is a protein secreted by cells that tell cells to divide or to stop dividing
- don't respond to cell cycle control system; continue to grow and divide rapidly
- can be dangerous or harmless
- can form tumors
- when cancer cells form their own circulatory system to feed itself
Types of Cancer
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.