5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name the five Great Lakes. Which major river do they feed into?
- Name three North American Deserts
- If it is 6:00PM on the East Coast of the United States, what time is it on the West Coast?
- ______ describes the average number of years people are expected to live in a certain area.
- what is topical geography
- a 3PM
- b is the physical characteristics of an area including mountains, bodies of water, natural resources, etc.
- c Mojave Desert, Great Salt Lake Desert , Sonoran Desert
- d Life Expectancy
- e Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and Lake Superior. All of the lakes feed into the St. Lawrence River.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Population Density
- Central Valley in California and the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and Death Valley in California.
- A single city might be split into two or more time zones
- Population Pyramid
- the number of hours in the day.
5 True/False questions
How many degrees latitude are there between the North and South Poles? → 180 degrees
What part of the map tells you what the symbols on the map tell you? → Key or Legend
Formal regions → have boundaries that are made by governments. States, cities, and countries are formal regions.
What lines tell you how far something is to the north or to the south? → Latitude
Vernacular or perceptual region → are made based on a particular need. For example, your town may have voting regions.