← map skills two Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- If it is 6:00PM on the East Coast of the United States, what time is it on the West Coast?
- What lines tell you how far something is to the north or to the south?
- Death Valley has an elevation of what...
- Vernacular or perceptual region
- What might happen if time zones didn't have jagged borders?
- a is based on our perceptions or views of an area, such as what we think of when we talk about the Middle East Region.
- b A single city might be split into two or more time zones
- c Latitude
- d 3PM
- e 282 feet below sea level. This valley is also the hottest.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- line of ridges in the Rocky Mountains. It divides our continent in half.
- Hudson Bay
- Compass Rose
- is the physical characteristics of an area including mountains, bodies of water, natural resources, etc.
- Key or Legend
5 True/False Questions
The number of time zones on earth is equal to: → Central Valley in California and the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and Death Valley in California.
What line of longitude is 0 degrees east west and is the beginning of the timeline? → The Prime Meridian
What imaginary line separates the earth into northern and southern hemispheres? → The Equator
In the west there are the Rocky Mountains. → They are higher than the Appalachians.
Name the major vallies of North America. → Central Valley in California and the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and Death Valley in California.