← map skills two Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the major gulfs in our country?
- What part of the map tells you direction?
- What is the significance of Greenwich, England?
- Lines of latitude are measured in
- In which city does the sun rise first every morning?
- a gulf of mexico, gulf of Alaska, gulf of California
- b The Prime Meridian runs through it. It is where the timeline begins
- c Paris, France
- d Compass Rose
- e Parallels
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- land features, people, and human-made features are
arranged on Earth.
- 282 feet below sea level. This valley is also the hottest.
- The Prime Meridian
- lines of longitude
5 True/False Questions
Formal regions → are made based on a particular need. For example, your town may have voting regions.
What imaginary line separates the earth into northern and southern hemispheres? → 180 degrees
What part of the map tells you what the symbols on the map tell you? → Compass Rose
What is the Continental Divide? → line of ridges in the Rocky Mountains. It divides our continent in half.
If it is 6:00PM on the East Coast of the United States, what time is it on the West Coast? → 3PM