5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Affector neurons
- Cell body
- Central nervous system
- a Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- b The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- c Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
- d Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- e Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- The maintenance of constant internal salt and water concentrations in internal fluids.
- Nerve cells.
- Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
5 True/False Questions
Xerophytes → Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
Peripheral nervous system → Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
Effector neurons → Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
Hypothalamus → Region of the brain responsible for essential fuctions associated with the autonomic nervous system.
Countercurrent exchange → Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.