5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- b The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- c Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
- d Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- e Region of the brain responsible for essential fuctions associated with the autonomic nervous system.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
- Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
- Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
- Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
5 True/False Questions
Osmosis → The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
Cuticle → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
Neurons → Nerve cells.
Negative feedback → Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
Effector neurons → Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.