5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tolerance range
- a Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
- b Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- c Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
- d Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
- e In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
5 True/False Questions
Antidiuretic hormone → Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
Cuticle → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
Neurons → Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
Central nervous system → The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
Homeothermic → Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.