5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Effector neurons
- Countercurrent exchange
- a Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- b Region of the brain responsible for essential fuctions associated with the autonomic nervous system.
- c Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- d Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- e Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
- The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
- Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
- Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
5 True/False questions
Ectothermic → Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
Neurons → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
Osmosis → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
Cuticle → Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
Endocrine system → Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.