5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tolerance range
- Negative feedback
- a Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
- b Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
- c Excretory organs involved in osmoregulation.
- d Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- e Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
- Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
- Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
- Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
5 True/False Questions
Cell body → Nerve cells.
Interneurons → Nerve cells found within the CNS which communicate between affector and effector neurons.
Endocrine system → Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
Hormones → The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
Neurons → Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.