5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Countercurrent exchange
- Central nervous system
- Affector neurons
- a The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- b Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- c Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- d Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- e Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
- The maintenance of constant internal salt and water concentrations in internal fluids.
- Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
- Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
- Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
5 True/False questions
Pituitary → Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
Xerophytes → Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
Tolerance range → Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
Negative feedback → Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
Neurons → Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.