5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tolerance range
- Countercurrent exchange
- a Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
- b Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- c Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
- d Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
- e The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
5 True/False Questions
Negative feedback → Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
Affector neurons → Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
Homeothermic → Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
Antifreeze → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
Poikilothermic → Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.