5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Antidiuretic hormone
- Negative feedback
- a Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
- b Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- c Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
- d Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
- e Nerve cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
- Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
5 True/False questions
Xerophytes → Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
Endothermic → Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
Poikilothermic → Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
Interneurons → Nerve cells.
Hormones → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.