5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- canals, dams, bridges, irrigation systems
- Korea (North and South)
- series of dynasties
- Middle Kingdom
- a a society with cities, a central government, job specialization, and social classes
- b What are some of the engineering feats of the Ancient Chinese?
- c What country was split into two nations; the northern part is Communist and the southern part aligned with the west?
- d what the ancient Chinese called China because they thought that China was the center of the earth
- e How is Chinese history described?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a series of rulers from the same family
- What war developed as a result of the North invading the South
- What type of government took over China after World War II?
- a group of families with a common ancestor
- In ancient Japan, a supreme military commander who ruled in the name of the emperor; the actual emperor had little power
5 True/False Questions
Korea → What war developed as a result of the North invading the South
paper, gunpowder, silk weaving, magnetic compass, printing press, clockworks → What started World War II in Asia and the Pacific?
China → What is the oldest continuous civilization in the world?
Japan attacked China and other Pacific lands to gain resources. → In the 1800s, why did the US, British, French, Germans, Portuguese, Russians, and Japanese try to control parts of China?
Great Wall of China → started in 600 BC; became a symbol of China's desire to keep world at a distance