5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- March 31, 1899
- March 23, 1901
- Marcela Agoncillo
- a Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
- b These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
- c made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
- d These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- e Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
- The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
5 True/False Questions
Julian Felipe → These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
Philippine Republic → June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
Philippine Independence → January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
San Isidro, Nueva Ecija → This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
Treaty of Paris → He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.