5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Forced Evacuation
- Marcela Agoncillo
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- Hero of Tirad Pass
- Philippine Independence
- a Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.
- b June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
- c made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
- d Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- e These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
- These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
- These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
5 True/False questions
Gen Martin Delgado → He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
Gen Antonio Luna → February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
Treaty of Paris → December 10, 1898 - this treaty gave the US authority to govern the Philippines in exchange for $20MM given to the Spain. This further enraged the Filipinos.
Tydings McDuffie Act → This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.
March 31, 1899 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.