5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Treaty of Paris
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- Julian Felipe
- Hero of Tirad Pass
- San Isidro, Nueva Ecija
- a Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- b This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
- c composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- d December 10, 1898 - this treaty gave the US authority to govern the Philippines in exchange for $20MM given to the Spain. This further enraged the Filipinos.
- e These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
- June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
5 True/False Questions
Macario Sakay → These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
Marcela Agoncillo → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
March 23, 1901 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
Start of Filipino-American War → February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos → Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.