5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gen Licerio Geronimo
- San Isidro, Nueva Ecija
- Marcela Agoncillo
- Tydings McDuffie Act
- Philippine Independence
- a made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
- b This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
- c Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- d This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.
- e June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
- December 10, 1898 - this treaty gave the US authority to govern the Philippines in exchange for $20MM given to the Spain. This further enraged the Filipinos.
5 True/False questions
Feb 28, 1899 → Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
Secret Agreement → Comm Dewey and General Merritt secretly entered into an agreement with Spanish Gov Gen Fermin Jaudines to surrender Manila to the Americans.
Battle of Manila Bay → May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
January 1, 1901 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
Tanikalang Ginto, Kahapon Ngayon at Bukas, Hindi Aco Patay → These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.