5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Philippine Independence
- Philippine Republic
- Gen Licerio Geronimo
- January 1, 1901
- a These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
- b June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
- c The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
- d January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
- e Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
5 True/False questions
March 23, 1901 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
Tydings McDuffie Act → September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos → Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
Marcela Agoncillo → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Gregorio del Pilar → Won the battle in Plaridel, Bulacan.