5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- March 23, 1901
- San Isidro, Nueva Ecija
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- January 1, 1901
- Forced Evacuation
- a This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
- b These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- c Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.
- d Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
- e The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
- He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
- Won the battle in Plaridel, Bulacan.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
5 True/False Questions
Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos → Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
Malolos Congress → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Feb 28, 1899 → Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
Hero of Tirad Pass → Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
Battle of Manila Bay → Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.