5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Julian Felipe
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- Gen Licerio Geronimo
- Philippine Independence
- a These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- b composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- c Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- d June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
- e These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
- Comm Dewey and General Merritt secretly entered into an agreement with Spanish Gov Gen Fermin Jaudines to surrender Manila to the Americans.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.
- Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
5 True/False Questions
Gen Antonio Luna → February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
Battle of Manila Bay → May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
Feb 28, 1899 → The Americans attacked Cebu. Samar, Leyte, Marinduque, and Calamianes fell in the hands of the Americans.
Treaty of Paris → He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
Gen Martin Delgado → He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.