5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a skin fold that runs along the sides of the neck down to shoulders
- b premature fusion of 1 or more cranial sutures resulting in an abnormal head shap
- c meatus of penis may be abnormally located on the underside of the penis
- d when soft tissue around bones of chest are drawn in with the effort of pulling air into the lungs
- e infection, contamination
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rapid heart rate. not unusual during the first hour of birth; abnormal if it continues
- failure of the vertebral arch to close.
- white cysts, 1-2mm in size, caused by distended sebaceous glands, resolve by 2 months
- fusion of fingers or toes
- intense, screaming cry.
5 True/False Questions
distention → bacterial infection of the skin, caused by strptococci and marked by yellow to red, weeping and cristed or pustular lesions around the nose, mouth, cheeks or on the extremities.
hemangioma → benign tumor of dilated blood vessels
sextrophy of bladder → absence of part of the lower abdominal wall and anterior wall of the urinary bladder
omphalocele → herniation of intra abdominal viscera through a defect in the abdominal wall around the umbilicus
diaphragmatic hernia → diaphragm fails to fuse and a large or small part of abdominal contents moves into the chest cavity.