5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rene Descartes
- I am a thinking thing/being
- World soul
- a According to Immanuel Kant, _____ in itself, is an empty idea
- b According to John B. Watson, in an attempt to circumvent the concept of __________
- c created by Mr. Demiurge, as well as the souls of the planets as well as all individual "human soul"
- d He believed that the soul can will, feel, reaon, have passions as the mind directs
- e Sum res cogitans
5 Multiple choice questions
- Living the good life towards perfections, supported by Immanuel kant
- According to David Hume, immortal, "independent" soul as an entity must be ________.
- According to Rene Descartes, the soul is _________.
- According to Immanuel Kant, the soul = "I" must be immortal so it __________
- He gave validity to phenomina (i.e. experiences) and so the soul was just a bundle of perceptions in continual flux; " a jumble of perceptions"
5 True/False questions
A composite → According to St. Thomas, he believed that the good of the "_____" soul united to the body
Ontological → According to John Locke, consciousness accompanies _______.
immaterial or "spiritual" → Accordng to G.W. Von Leibniz, the soul is a monald; a unit of ________ force
sarx → According to St. Augustine, who is in control
passive reason → potency