5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Queen monald
- Lived experience and sensory activation
- a According to St. Thomas, he believed that the good of the "_____" soul united to the body
- b According to John Locke, the universe was made of two substances: the immaterial part of man that thinks or the spritual substance is _____, and ____ + matter = human
- c According to G.W. Von Leibniz, ________ organizes the bodily monads into an integrated whole
- d According to John Locke, mind is formed by ______________ and ______________.
- e According to Rene Descartes, the soul is _________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He denied that the soul accounts for personal identity
- According to St. Augustine, the human soul bears the very _______.
- According to David Hume, substance is psychological not __________.
- According to Rene Descartes, the universe is a _________ (a clock)
- According to G.W. Von Leibniz, ________ is a single, beautiful "unit of force" in the universe
5 True/False questions
Rene Descartes → According to St. Thomas, Human beings ________ must have a body
though it exists → According to Rene Descartes, the soul is _________.
creative reason → subject to death
intellect → According to St. Thomas, a person is not his/her soul, or _____ alone (as plato and descartes)
Depart at physical death → He believed in thinking substance (mind, soul) and "extended" or bodily (material)