5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pineal gland
- The self = soul
- David Hume
- Governs our moral and ethical life
- Nutritive soul
- a plants
- b According to Immanuel Kant, it also has an ethical value and can be that "I" which _________________
- c According to Immanuel Kant, __________ is merely an unknown something but a respresentation of an unknown which thinks
- d According to Rene Descartes, activity coordinate via the _______.
- e he supported classical metaphysics.
He believed that all we know is that there are successions of ideas in the mind
5 Multiple choice questions
- According to John Locke, the universe was made of two substances: the immaterial part of man that thinks or the spritual substance is _____, and ____ + matter = human
- believed that the soul will enjoy beatitude or suffering for eternity after death.
- some said fire, some said thin air, some said particle (atom)
- According to Immanuel Kant, _______ is not writing on the blank slate, it is active
- According to David Hume, we can never be (directly) aware of ourselves (the "I") only ________.
5 True/False questions
passive reason → potency
Impersonal → According to Immanuel Kant, the soul is essentially ________, more like a quality
Composite → According to St, Augstine, the soul and body is a
Soul → According to St. Augustine, who is in control
reason → According to Aristotle, the soul has the faculty or power of