5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- creative reason
- Pineal gland
- a According to John Locke, the universe was made of two substances: the immaterial part of man that thinks or the spritual substance is _____, and ____ + matter = human
- b According to David Hume, we can never be (directly) aware of ourselves (the "I") only ________.
- c act
- d According to Rene Descartes, activity coordinate via the _______.
- e According to St. Thomas, Human beings ________ must have a body
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Believed that the soul is the "I" in the strict; we can't know without experience
- According to St. Augustine, ____ = rational being actualizing its essence to be a full human being
- According to Immanuel Kant, what i am in myself is completely _____________.
- he supported classical metaphysics.
He believed that all we know is that there are successions of ideas in the mind
- Living the good life towards perfections, supported by Immanuel kant
5 True/False Questions
old behaviorists → But many would say today that the __________ didn't quite get it either
Consciousness → According to John Locke, substances can be known via the ______ of the ideas they produce
Sum res cogitans → He believed in thinking substance (mind, soul) and "extended" or bodily (material)
I am a thinking thing/being → According to Rene descartes, consciousness refers to __________.
John Locke → He denies the Augustinian view of fallen men (i.e. orginal sin)