5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Without a doubt, clear. The president stated in an ___ manner, "If nominated, I will run; nd if elected, I will serve".
- b The beginning of something. Joe has worked for the company since its ___ in 1935.
- c Courteous going along with the opinions or wishes of another. In ___ to your wishes, I will not see him again.
- d A brief outline of the main points of a text or course of study. The ___ that the professor gave to us stated that the final exam counts for 60% of our grade.
- e Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
- Appropriate conduct, correct and proper behaviour. The students' ___ at the dance was excellent.
- Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- causing to be useless, crippling, causing to appear stupid. The teacher ___ his position in the classroom if he permits bad behavior.
- to renounce, to give up power. In order to marry the commoner, the king had to ___ his thr
5 True/False questions
Rant → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
Parable → A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
Ineffable → Incapable of being expressed in speech or words. Her delight in beeing selected as a cheerleader was ___.
Girth → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Savant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.