5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Incapable of being expressed in speech or words. Her delight in beeing selected as a cheerleader was ___.
- b Size or dimensions (usually the measure around a body). To be a sumo wrestler, one must have a large ___.
- c To blame for something; a disgrace. Her conduct was so good that it was beyond ___.
- d Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
- e A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A brief outline of the main points of a text or course of study. The ___ that the professor gave to us stated that the final exam counts for 60% of our grade.
- to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
- to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- Without a doubt, clear. The president stated in an ___ manner, "If nominated, I will run; nd if elected, I will serve".
- shameless, insolent, disrespectful. Pinching that woman was a very ___ act.
5 True/False questions
caustic → sarcastically biting, acrid. Critics are known for their ___ remarks about movies that they do not like.
Inception → Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
Vapid → Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
stultifying → causing to be useless, crippling, causing to appear stupid. The teacher ___ his position in the classroom if he permits bad behavior.
decorum → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.