5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
- b shameless, insolent, disrespectful. Pinching that woman was a very ___ act.
- c Courteous going along with the opinions or wishes of another. In ___ to your wishes, I will not see him again.
- d to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- e to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
- A scholar, a learned person. Woodrow Wilson is an example of a ___ who became president.
- to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
- Without a doubt, clear. The president stated in an ___ manner, "If nominated, I will run; nd if elected, I will serve".
5 True/False questions
Ineffable → A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
abdicate → to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
Troupe → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
Rant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Nebulous → Lacking clarity of feature or sharpness of outline. She had a ___ recollection of the meeting with the man, unable to provide any specific facts about it.