Vocabulary From Classical Roots Chapter Eight
|Premier|| 1. Adjective: First in time or importance. |
2. Noun: A prime minister or head of state.
|Primate|| 1. An archbishop or bishop who ranks highest among others. |
2. A member of the order of animals that includes monkeys, apes, and humans.
|Prime|| 1. Noun: First in rank, excellence, quality, importance, or time. |
2. Adjective: Chief; most important.
3. Verb: To prepare for something or someone for use or action.
|Primeval||Belonging to the first ages; ancient.|
|Primordial||Primeval; original; fundamental.|
|Posterior||Situated behind or at the back.|
|Posterity|| 1. Future generations. |
2. A person descendants.
|Posthumous||Occuring or continuing after death, especially a work published after the author's death or a child born after the father's death.|
|Premiere|| 1. First public performance of something. |
2. Female star of a theatrical company.