← AAA Africa Test 1 Test
AAA Africa Test 1
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- social causes of imperialism
- Pan- African flag
- Cash crops caused
- a red=blood, black= skin, green=land
- b spreading christianity, spreading western civilization, belief in European racial superiority, social darwinism
- c exclusive control or possession of something, a particular industry
- d famine because farmers were forced to grow these instead of food to feed themselves
- e Word that slaves come from; ethnic Russians who were unpaid laborers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- controled by tyrannical King Leopold
- held control in Eastern Africa whom the Portugeuse battled
- Labor unions, legal or illegal...?
- dutch calvinist farmers who believed they were better than africans
- Apartheid becomes law in South Africa
5 True/False Questions
1652 → year Cape Colony passes from Dutch possesion to the British
Where Africans were forced to work → European factories and mines
1920-30's → a new breed of Africans sprung up who were proud of their heritage
Oyo, Bornu,Dahomey, Asante, → the BRITS!!
negritude movement → started by french speakers in West Africa and the caribbean, spread worldwide, real embracing of culture,etc..