5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Legislative Branch
- Enlightened Despotism
- Second Estate
- a The nobility. 2% of the population.
- b All former ruling families should be restored to their thrones.
- c The belief that truth can be arrived at solely by reason and logical thinking.
- d A system of government in which absolute monarchs ruled according to the principles of the Enlightenment.
- e Make the laws. The Congress.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- City dwelling middle class. Professional people.
- King's Flight to Varennes
- Seizure of power by force.
- The 83 divided parts of France during the Revolution, reformed by the National Assembly.
- Just laws and wise governments must be created by and subject to the will of the people.
5 True/False Questions
September 3, 1791 → First Constitution proclaimed
Nationalism → Love of ones country rather than love of one's religion.
Salons → Gatherings of the social, political, and cultural elite.
1774 → Louis XVI becomes king
Conscription → The draft. Stated that all unmarried able-bodied men from 18-25 years of age were liable for military services.