5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Non-delegable duty
- Freedom of Contract
- a lets the parties contract on whatever terms they agree upon. Rules of contract formation are relaxed to be sure and confirm the parties intentions of contract
- b An obligation that cannot be given to a 3rd party
- c A court will award money or other relief to a party injured by a breach of contract
- d The forced performance of an act under threat, violence, or pressure
- e ..., (civil law) a law established by following earlier judicial decisions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A cause and effect relationship in which one variable controls the changes in another variable.
- an unwritten guarantee that the good or service is fit for the purpose for which it was sold
- Basically, a statute of limitations that is not dependent on the happening of a cause of action. Statutes of repose generally begin to run at an earlier date and run for a longer period of time than statutes of limitations.
- Court looks at the whole over parts. Court looks at written or typed over printed words.
- A contract bond guaranteeing that the project will be free of liens.
5 True/False Questions
Proximate Cause → is the cause that immediately and directly results in a specific event. if a person can eleminate any one of the 4 elemants, the lawsuit will not be successful.
Betterment → (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
Passerby → Request to a higher court for a review of a case
Agent → (law) any wrongdoing for which an action for damages may be brought
Custom → Practice routinely followed by agroup of people.