5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Offer and Acceptance
- Common Law
- Freedom of Contract
- Professional Liability Insurance
- a a system of jurisprudence based on judicial precedents rather than statutory laws
- b lets the parties contract on whatever terms they agree upon. Rules of contract formation are relaxed to be sure and confirm the parties intentions of contract
- c Creates a power of acceptance from the offering party to the potential accepting party. Contract will be formed if they sign it.
- d Insurance that protects directors, officers, employees, and organizations against claims of negligence in the performance of professional services. Cover's all of users work
- e Unconscionability is generally not a defense against enforcement. Unconscionability can be substantive, i.e. the terms are unfair, or procedural, i.e. the process was unfair.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the cause that immediately and directly results in a specific event. if a person can eleminate any one of the 4 elemants, the lawsuit will not be successful.
- guarantees that the selected contractor will enter into a contract with the owner for the bid price
- a failure to perform some promised act or obligation
- Practice routinely followed by agroup of people.
- a written guarantee
5 True/False questions
Rules of Interpretation → Occurs when one party to a contract is not given full or accurate information by the other party about the contract subject matter
Misrepresentation → forecasts about future costs
Statute of Frauds → The body of law enacted by legislative bodies (as opposed to constitutional law, administrative law, or case law).
Non-delegable duty → not deserving blame
Statute of Limitations → a statute prescribing the time period during which legal action can be taken