5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ownership of Drawings
- Adhesion Contract
- Consequential Damages
- Discovery Process
- a indirect damages that must be foreseeable to be recovered
- b In most circumstances, the architect ultimately retains the rights to the drawings produced for the owner
- c exchange of things of value
- d when both sides prepare for trial, gather evidence, interview witnesses, hire private investigators, etc.
- e a contract that heavily restricts one party while leaving the other free (as some standard form printed contracts)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Licensees are people who enter the land with permission, but without any purpose of conferring circumstantial benefits to landowner: usually a social guest or solicitor.
Possessors owe licensees reasonable prudence. A duty is triggered when a condition is concealed, and when the condition is known to the defendant: possessor must protect licensees from all known traps on the land.
- plaintiff must prove that the defendant actually caused the injury. "BUT FOR" the acts of the defendant this happened
- Insurance that covers liability loss exposures arising from a business organization's premisses and operations, its products, or rits completed work. Usually in 1 year segments with a cap of coverage
- The standard of behavior expected of a hypothetical "reasonable person"; the standard against which negligence is measured and that must be observed to avoid liability for negligence.
- Similar to reasonable person standard, but for specific jobs and careers
5 True/False questions
Parties → The forced performance of an act under threat, violence, or pressure
Sole Proprietor → someone who intrudes on the privacy or property of another without permission
Limits on Recovery → ..., -(1) pretrial
Cost Conditions → In some cases, if a project is not bid under a guaranteed amount by the designer, the fees will be reduced or eliminated
Statute of Limitations → State law requires certain instruments, such as deeds, real estate sales contracts and certain leases, to be in writing to be legally enforceable