5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Negative control
- Gene amplification
- protein synthesis
- a name of gene that governs X chromosome inactivation
- b Newly formed polypeptide chains undergo modification. Diverse controls govern the activation, inhibition, and stability of enzymes and other molecules used in _____________
- c Mutated genes leading to cancer
- d when regulatory proteins slow down or stop gene activity
- e process by which some genes are copied over and over again when large amounts of products are required
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a blue-green pigment in plants that is a signaling molecule and helps plants adopt to short term changes in light conditions.
- a class of master genes that interact with one another and also control the formation of tissue and organs
- enzyme that people with lactose intolerance lack
- Process by which cells become specialized when different populations of cells activate and suppress their genes
- Arrangement of promoters and operators
5 True/False Questions
Regulatory proteins → The ________ is only used when there is no glucose.
lactose operon → Arrangement of promoters and operators
amino acid → -Controls govern when, how fast, and how often an mRNA transcript is translated to the ___________ sequence of a protein. Some transcripts are not used right away. Some are inactive for long periods of time
5-10 → Cells of complex organisms rarely use more than _____% of their genes at a given time.
Operator → Arrangement of promoters and operators