5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alpha and Omega
- Son of Man
- a Jesus is seen as the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world; identified with the Paschal Lamb
- b the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. This conveys that Jesus is the beginning and the completion of all history.
- c A title Jesus used to refer to himself. It emphasizes both Jesus' humanity and divinity.
- d A title the Magi gave to Jesus and one for which he was condemned.
- e One who represents or speaks for God.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Something that points beyond itself to something else.
- A title identifying Jesus with Yahweh God.
- God with us, a name for Jesus that means "God is with us"
- One who offers sacrifice; a mediator between God and humankind.
- symbol of immortality. It became the symbol of Christ and the Resurrection
5 True/False Questions
Fish → The Greek word Ichthus means "fish"; an acronym for the first letters of the creedal phrase "Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Savior."
Docetism → A heresy that declared that Jesus only seemed to be human.
Orthodoxy → Right teaching.
Nestorianism → A heresy denying Christ's divinity.
Church Fathers → Bishops theologians and scholars who vigorously and bravely defended and thought the Christian faith during the early life of the church