← chp16 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- anterior chamber
- A tetphine
- a The _____ ________ is the space anterior to the iris, but posterior to the cornea; the posterior chamber.
- b is placed on the cornea and is used to make the corneal cut around cut around the cornea and into the anterior chamber
- c are a condition affecting the eye, not a disease.
- d eyeball
- e is performed to assist in the drainage of tears and secretions from the lacrimal sac into the middle meatus of the nose by forming a short circut through the lacrimal bone and the nasal bone.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sensory organ of sight
- is a drooping of the upper eyelid and may be congenital or acquired.
- repositioning the iris
- named for its various colors; rainbow
- (double vision) may result
5 True/False Questions
conjunctiva → pinkeye
form the external tunic of the eye → limit the use of towels on the field to reduce the amount of lint present, and be sure all sterile team members remove the ___________.
Phacoemulsification → uses ultrasonic energy to fragment the lens while simultaneously irrigating and aspirating the fragments. with newer "foldable" intraocular lens implants, a smaller self-sealing incision requires no stitches.
Retrobulbar → anesthesia may be necessary for some procedures to block both sensory and motor sensations, and this type of anesthesia is accomplished by injecting the area around the optic nerve with lidocaine or bupivacine.
Intraocular lenses IOL → The posterior cavity contains a substance, with a consistency similar to soft gelatin, called ______ ______.